1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Mass Effect: Andromeda

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by joshEH, Jun 15, 2015.

1. LeoA

LeoA Cinematographer

Leo
    How did such a disturbed and hateful individual like that maintain their position at EA for so long despite publicly expressing their hate speech in such a manner?

Shame on Electronic Arts for turning a blind eye for years instead of terminating this individual. Can't buy that this was a sudden revelation recently.

2. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I wonder when exactly he was let go. That said, hate speech is still considered free speech, so I wonder what EA/Bioware's position on where that interferes with a corporate culture would be.

Regardless, yeah, the poor quality of the game seems to be turning people off to it more than one guy on a team of hundreds being a jerk.

3. Russell G

Russell G Fake Shemp

Russell
  4. CraigF

CraigF Producer

Craig
    That's the problem when you have a "legacy". Each ME was very much in a gaming style of its time, and "styles" (consumer taste) in this game genre change very quickly, probably faster than a decent game can be created.

I haven't read any reviews either, in general I just don't "get" game reviews, they don't translate at all well to my experience.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Yeah, I think the thing that worked most against ME:A is the fact that ME1, 2, and 3 (as flawed as the ending was) themselves built up a very high level of expectation.

Horizon: Zero Dawn and Zelda: Breath of the Wild both came out in the last few weeks and were exceptionally stellar games. Mass Effect looks to be pretty big, like those other two, but WAY more flawed in its execution. Exceptionally flawed in the areas that ME typically excelled, too.