What's new

Mass Effect: Andromeda (1 Viewer)

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Well, every one of them looked interesting to play. This one is no exception.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
@ Sam Posten

Were you able to get your hands on it early and are playing it. Or was the stuff you said about it from reading or watching news releases on it?

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
The game is available for people with EA Access to play for 10 hours starting today.

I read a few previews. It looks like this game is essentially a massive step backwards for the franchise, and some people like that. It seems to be more like a spiritual successor to Mass Effect 1, with all the drawn-out convos, boring dialogue choices, and slow pace of exploration, but with really good modern graphics. Nearly every preview written about the first 10 hours (which is what they're allowed to write about before reviews hit on Monday) seem to say that nearly everything is bad except the visuals, but one or two people who've played much more of the game than that say it gets much better after (though they also seem to like the things people complain about, like the slow process of visiting/mining planets and the long convos with your crew).

We'll see how the reviews turn out, but honestly I didn't see anything in the marketing until now that piqued my interest, anyway. That's kinda sad, I enjoyed ME1-3 but not enough to have multiple playthroughs or even do all of the sidequests in each one.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I guess I'm fanboy since if the worse thing that can be said is it's more of the same, I should enjoy it. I actually enjoyed the "lazy gaming" pace of exploring different planets in between missions and side quests. I should really pick up NO MANS SKY....

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
I'm still on 1. :( Love the games, I have 1 2 and 3. same with Dead Space, love it and have 1 2 3 but I still need to finish. This one sure looks coocoo amazing!

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Game pre-loaded. I'm getting a little put off by all the bad animation outcry.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
So what does Andromeda mean, anyways?

Sounds like the name of Hayley Mill's dog in The Parent Trap.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Wow, now I don't even feel like I want to play this! Waste of pre-ordering and pre-loading.

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
So disappointing, ME2 is probably my all time favourite single player game.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I wasn't planning on buying this anyway.
I cannot support any game Manveer Heir works on.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Who is Manger Heir?

Edit: Manveer. Bloody auto correct.

My final post in this thread--hatred of people based on the color of their skin in sickening, and completely unacceptable. His tweets speak volumes.

Goodbye.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Apparently, he no longer works for Bioware. It looks like the game's poor quality is a good enough reason to not buy the game, regardless of his ignorant views. I'm just sorry that the guy is a fellow Canadian.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks