Mass Effect: Andromeda (1 Viewer)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Holiday 2016 for PS4, Xbox One, and PC:

MEA_small.png

10998cbbf1b1bcd92f38d8391891b4bc.jpg

Anything Mass Effect. Dat release-date, tho. WAY too many games dropping at year's end, now (even in late 2016). Poodles am cry.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
I still have ME2&3 to finish so I'm okay with waiting. Truth be told, I'd rather wait and pick these up either on sale or when they get the collected editions with all the DLC anyway. Give them a few months to iron out the bugs.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
EA has gone on record that they've changed their mind about the remastering concept. So I imagine that 'Mass Effect Trilogy: Remastered Edition' if it isn't already in the works, will be relatively soon.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh

Fuck being objective. I'm shoveling coal on this hype-train.

This game is apparently set between between Mass Effect 2 and 3. The website says the ship is launched in 2185. Mass Effect 3 takes place in 2186. I like this being a side-story about a contingency plan, in case Shepard fails.

From the feature in Game Informer:

- On planets, one of your priorities is to scout for drop-zones for your crew that drop "forward stations" that establish a foothold for you.
- These stations allow for changing up your loadout, fast-travel points, etc.
- Planets can have areas, encounters and "super bosses" that are too tough for you to handle at first, encouraging players to come back later.

I've also got a wishlist for squadmates that I hope is at least partly-filled. The Asari we've seen already checking one box.

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Honestly....meh. The gameplay video and cinematic stuff I've seen looks okay. I honestly wasn't really too invested in the world/story/characters of ME to begin with, mostly enjoyed the gameplay and seeing cool stuff happen. But nothing they've shown off really impresses me by being super cool or anything.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
NATALIE DORMER SPACE WAIFU!!!!1!!!1!!!

Will the game allow my character to get it on with blue Natalie Dormer?

Am prepared to pre-order if needs be.

Also, here's a detailed look at the weapons and skills. As I suspected, it's extremely fluid and customizable:

The Tech-based combat looks really fun there. But I'm all about the biotics this go-around. Throwing motherfuckers into other motherfuckers and shooting around the map like A GREAT BIOTIC WIND (noticed that's an actual skill-name) is getting me all giddy.

And finally...Kumail Nanjiani voicing a "weaselly" Salarian? Oh my, yes.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
Is this coming out for PC? I assume it is. I have never gamed on my PC (well, not since the early 90s...) but now have a setup that I might consider trying it (yeah, I'm so definite there). vs just getting the PS4 version. Regardless, I'll probably wait until it's cheaper, have a massive backlog of unplayed stuff, but OTOH too much good talk and I can be swayed earlier...

I've heard so much (on the local radio) about this game from people who have played it a bit. There's one guy who, like me, overall prefers ME(1) to the others, and wasn't super-thrilled by some of the game-play changes, especially the "flying" thing, lack of "weapon wheel", the squad control, and other stuff I forget. OTOH the players who weren't ME diehards liked the new game much more.

I have to admit there were changes over the years that were good in all the ME games. I liked the way you recruited squadmates in 2, but the weapon/etc. upgrade system was just dumb (though I liked mining), much better in 3, the squad power (biotics etc.) controls were better in 3 but overall IMO 3 had too much of what I call the Uncharted syndrome (you walk an inch the "wrong" way and you're swept away into interminable and un-back-outable cutscenes that might totally screw you and your plan).

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Yup, confirmed for PC.

Apparently, there's several preset mo-capped faces for both Ryders to choose from this time, not just the one dude à la Mark Vanderloo in the OT. Still, we all know the real fun is going hogwild with the facial-sliders to create your own masterpieces, such as these beauties:

mass_effect_faces_zps50fvvmlh.jpeg

Last edited:

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
Final Trailer; dig the song used:

I'm not watching any of those spoilery IGN videos. So I'm peacing-out for the next 11 days...gonna try and wrap up Horizon: Zero Dawn, and snag those last few trophies; that game's been amazing so far.

But when the time comes, I've already got my first two characters planned out for this one and everything.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I know this a massively popular franchise; however, for some reason the Mass Effect series has never managed to keep me interested for very long. The same goes for the Fall Out series. With Mass Effect, I guess it was due to the boring planetary geography that you interminably had to drive through with that (what was it called again?) rig.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks