What's new

Masque of the Red Death out now, Raven when? (1 Viewer)

Enrique B Chamorro

Supporting Actor
Now that the Masque of the Red Death is out and it was made
in 1964, when will the great "Raven" from 1963 come out?
It has Vicent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and a
very young Jack Nicholson. It's a fun flick and was part
of a double release on laser disc by Image with the Red Death. It's poster is even used at MGM's midnight madness
DVD site??

Ben Motley

Supporting Actor
See my sig :D .
Yeah, they're giving away a free "Midnite Movies poster", but they don't come right out and say it's for the Raven, even though they use that art. Maybe the promo is meant to drum up anticipation for a future release? On both counts, I hope this is the case. I would like to have The Raven on dvd, and I'd really like to have that Raven poster, it looks wicked. :emoji_thumbsup:

Randy_M

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Randy
I actually bought The Raven on VHS, figuring it would never make it to disk. Hope I'm wrong. This is a terrific little piece of whimsy.

Cheers

Jim Bivins

Stunt Coordinator
The Raven is my all time fave Corman/Price/Poe movies! Can't wait for a DVD. I own the double-feature LD of it with Masque of the Red Death...very cool!

later

John Stell

Screenwriter
Real Name
John Stell
I'm hoping that MGM pairs The Raven with The Comedy of Terrors, one of my all-time faves. ("I said Mr. Tremble!")

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
I would assume that pairing is what MGM has in mind; they make for a very natural coupling. Hopefully the next wave will contain them. Excellent work thus far by MGM in getting these classics out in beautiful renditions.

Derek M Germano

Second Unit
I am looking forward to THE RAVEN, THE COMEDY OF TERRORS, TOMB OF LIEGIA and THE HAUNTED PALACE. I also wish MGM would revisit PIT AND THE PENDULUM giving it a 16:9 enhanced presentation.

Shaw

Stunt Coordinator
Hey...

Let's not forget "The Witchfinder General", a.k.a "The Conqueror Worm", one of Price's all-time greatest performances. In Europe there is a Special Edition of this movie with both the US Theatrical Version and the European version, as well as some bonus features.

Let's all write emails to MGM and harrass them to make a spcial edition of "Conqueror Worm" and "The Raven". Commentaries and so on.

The one thing I really want to see on one of these releases is an extensive Photo Gallery of the AIP Pictures Price did, not to mention many other flicks he did over the years. And not of that music over top. You just hit the old enter button to go on to the next pic.

Oh, yeah... definitely pair up "Raven" and "Comedy Of Terrors". What a DVD that would make eh? And please, a commentary eh MGM?

shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks