What's new

Mask of Zorro Superbit - Visible Layer Switch? (1 Viewer)

Adam Barratt

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam
I just got around to watching this disc, and noticed it had a non-seamless layer change (at 69:02). This is the first Superbit disc I've seen without a seamless change. Has anyone else seen visible layer switches on other Superbit discs or is this just a fluke?

Adam

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
It has been a while since I saw this and I never really knew where the layer change was. I will check it out tonight.

Craig W

Second Unit
Yes I noticed the same thing this past weekend on two of my DVD players. Mask of Zorro SB edition does not have a seemless layer change.

Is this a sign that Sony is no longer using a seemless layer on the Superbit titles? Has there been compatibility issues?

What about newer SB titles? Do they still have a seemless layer change?

Hopefully this is just a case of someone dropping the ball and not a sign of things to come. I thought I read somewhere recently that more studios were looking to implement seemless layer change even though it is not an official part of the DVD spec. Originally it was to be but some of the original encoding software had an issue with it so it was dropped. It was my understanding that this was never a hardware issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks