Mask of Zorro: SE owners- how's the DTS track?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by David Coleman, Dec 29, 2001.

1. David Coleman

David Coleman Supporting Actor

Wondering what everyone's opinions of the DTS and the special edition materials and if it's worth a re-purchase as I really love this film?

2. Jeremy Anderson

Jeremy Anderson Screenwriter

I had the previous version, and traded up to the SE. The video on the SE seems a tad darker than the original release, but I've actually found that I prefer it that way (since it looked that way when I saw it in the theater). The DD track on the original was already one of the best 5.1 tracks in existance, but (in my opinion) the DTS track is simply THUNDEROUS. It has a lot cleaner and brighter character to it, and the LFE seems to go a bit deeper.
    Of course, the SE comes with a bastardized fullscreen pan-and-scan version of the movie as well, which you can use as a handy coaster while watching it in glorious anamorphic widescreen! And if you throw the disc just right, it'll clear a 30 foot long hallway! [​IMG]

3. Paul E. Fox II

Paul E. Fox II Second Unit

I really didn't notice that much of a difference between the new SE's DTS Track and the Original (and totally fantastic) DD Track, but then again...I haven't done a completely "critical" comparison yet, just watched the new version one evening with the wife (one of her favorite movies!)
    I am glad I bought it though...so that's something after all I guess[​IMG]

4. Lewis Besze

Lewis Besze Producer

Can't say I've found much difference either,a tough call IMO.