What's new

Mask of Zorro on CBS HD (1 Viewer)

dan fritzen

Second Unit
I was watching this last night and it was beautiful and 16:9 ratio was cool. But the last commercial break I was stuck watching it at 4:3 the aspect ratio was correct, not squeezed but was this supposed to happen or did someone not do somethign right? Is HDTV that hard to do right? NBC had ER 16:9 but sent the signal with left and right letterboxing so my 34 widescreen TV was reduced to like 25". I live in the Minneapolis area.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Now I watched the All Star game last night on Fox, same thing, it was widescreen until the 9th inning, what is going on? Is HD and widescreen that hard to do?

Lee L

Supporting Actor
Many stations do the 4:3 thing after the last commercial so they can insert the news lead in over the credits. Hardly no one has any equipment that will allow the insert over HD material. Personally, I'm not sure why they don;t wait and switch ot as the credits roll. Laziness I guess.

dan fritzen

Second Unit
Given the fact that the OAR of this film is 2.35:1, I don't think it was cool at all.
Back when I had laserdisc I always prefered widescreen, now that I have a 16:9 TV I like not having letterbox, although I still prefer original formats, I am not missing as much as I would with a 4:3 TV.

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
Dan,

Thems is fightin' words! :)

In all seriousness, though, I find this practice just as offensive to butcher to 1.78:1 as it is to 1.33:1. There is no difference to my mind.

We should all be on the same page on this forum. That's what we're here for, isn't it?

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks