What's new

Mask of Zorro Deluxe Edition (1 Viewer)

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
Was browsing Sony's Website, and they have a 10/18 release date for a "Deluxe Edition" of The Mask of Zorro. Anyone have any specs or information on this release?

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Best Buy (and BestBuy.com) currently has the excellent Superbit Deluxe version for only $9.99. Hard to imagine how they could improve on that version in the DVD format.

For those who will be early adopters it's not hard to imagine this one being in the first waves of Blu-ray release.

Jason Guardiano

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought the Superbit Deluxe a few weeks ago --the only extra I miss from the special edition is the commentary. The new movie, The Legend of Zorro, is probably what's prompting this 4th (or is it 5th?) release.

Mask of Zorro
Mask of Zorro Special Edition
Mask of Zorro Superbit (one disc ?)
Mask of Zorro Superbit Deluxe
Mask of Zorro Deluxe Edition

Was there a one disc superbit before the deluxe superbit?

JoshB

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Joshua Bal
R1 Has only had one SB, which was a Superbit Deluxe.

I cant imagine what new can be added to this title. Commentary was on the last 2-disc set, and DTS and great picture was on the SBD.

But they will have lots of stuff about the next movie though. I mean, thats important to everyone, right?

Still, Legend of Zorro looks like it will be a great holiday film.

Haden

Supporting Actor
Probably the only new stuff in this set will be a preview featurette of Legend of Zorro and a free movie ticket for it. The previous special edition was good enough, so I'll pass.

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
Since I never got around to picking it up before, I'll gladly grab this one as it'll probably have a ticket to Legend (which outside of the annoying kid moments in the trailer, looks like a ton of fun).

GregoryMesh

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Gregory Mesh
I'll wait for Mask of Zorro/Legend of Zorro - Zpecial Edition Boxset. Or something like this. You know it's coming!

Unless they decide to make a third film - then I'll just wait for Zorro Trilogy Collection.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I am quite content with the excellent 2 disk superbit deluxe that I currently have.

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator

Here, here. In my opinion the superbit version is reference quality. Being a a huge fan of this film I can't wait for the sequel. What's the theatrical release date?

David Grove

Stunt Coordinator
Does anyone know whether this new Deluxe Edition includes the commentary from the Special Edition?

Thank you.

DG

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks