What's new

Mask of Zorro Appreciation Thread (1 Viewer)

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
The sequel, Legend of Zorro is currently being filmed and I can't wait for it's release.
i hope they continue the trend of letting the story take its time, and the action grow organically out of that, rather than earmarking a set piece extravaganza for every 1/4 hour.
in that sense i thought the first was aimed at a more patient, sophisticated sensibility than the ADD crap we usually get.

and Jones and Banderas have great chemistry so...
i'm actually more interested in this than i am Batman or SW.

Lou Sytsma

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lou Sytsma
I don't know...it kinda pales to the David Prowse/Sir Alec Guinness swordfight in Star Wars
Actually they easily surpass any from the OT.:D:D:D

What more can one add? Great score, nice touches of humour, and it does not insult one's intelligience to a great degree.

Hopkins brings an emotional weight to this that most other such genre movies do not have.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I missed this thread. I like the film a lot. Hopkins gives a fine performance that really gives it a nice feel. The film has humor without degenerating into camp. Zorro is shown as a real hero.

Rafael_R

Agent
My favorite moments in the film:

-The opening title with the plot synopsis, Zorro brandishing his sword, the music, and the (flamenco?) dance beat (sounds awesome in dts!)
-Zorro's first appearance (vs Montero)
-The conversation with Don Diego after Alejandro steals the black horse ("Charm!")
-Zorro stealing the map and the ensuing chase
-Zorro vs Elena
-"Rafael! You'll never be rid of me! Rafael!!!" :cool:

You can't go wrong with a movie where the villain's name is Rafael! :laugh: :laugh:

John Chow

Second Unit
Huge fan here as well. Movie pretty much went together perfectly as far as I'm concerned.

First time I saw Catherine in a movie, and still really the movie she looks best in. It's been a while since someone in a movie was able to make my jaw go
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

Michael Martin

Screenwriter
I'm also hoping that they repeat the good things about the first film and don't fall prey to sqequal-itis. It's a solid base of a team, and I hope the second movie lives up to the first.

And when I say "repeat," I don't mean the tired contrivance of rehashing every major plot point or action sequence. I'd like to see the same care for the acting, story and production as with the first.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks