What's new

MASH Season 7 on 12/7 (1 Viewer)

Coressel

Supporting Actor
http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=2100

Not sure if I'll get this one, as there are fewer and fewer great episodes from this season on, imo.

Oh, what the hell, I'll get it anyway...

The link says that "Our Finest Hour" is one of the episodes that didn't have a laugh-track in it in the first place, but actually while the B&W interviews didn't, the flash-back clips did.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
I'll pick this up, I still wish they'd put extras on this set just because of the shows rich history but that won't stop me from buying it...season 9 though will be the last one that is a no brainer release day buy for me, as it contains the last of my favorite episodes, but having said that I'll still finish off the series.

Steven Wesley

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
I hope they fix the chapter stops in Season 7. Season 6 was all messed up in that you couldn't skip over the show theme song like in previous seasons.

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
I'm surprised how well this is surviving on DVD. I really am. I thought it would quit selling after Trapper left.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
If I get the 7th season, I'll definately get the 8th (Radar's departure), but I get so annoyed with the 9th 10th and final seasons that I'm sure I won't bother with them. I wonder how well those last sappy seasons will sell?

BrianP

Supporting Actor
I will probably get seasons 7 and 8. Can't see myself going any further unless they include some good extra material on the last few years. I thought season 5 was the peak year for the series before it started to decline.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
They say they're making it possible to watch the double-episode as one part, or two... I guess. I didn't quite understand that part of the specs...

Supporting Actor
They said there'll be an option to watch both episodes as single or two parter.

It's that simple.

I consider myself a Completist and couldn't see it any other way, I hope that season 9 through 11, although terrible, will sell.

Coressel

Supporting Actor
What I don't get is why bother doing that to an episode that wasn't 2 parts (or maybe it was) to begin with?

Like my pause, stop or menu buttons don't work...

No big deal, just seemed like a lame "feature" of this season.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
My concern is that they are using a re-broadcast print that would have certain footage missing in order to make room for additional recap, opening, and end credits.

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I hope they do, and that's still a ways off yet, so I won't predict either way.

I will make only 1 prediction, all 11 seasons will be released.

Season 9 would really have to tank badly for there not to be a season 10 or 11 released, and given what Fox has said regarding how seasons of a show tend to sell in the same ballpark that its extremely unlikely that season 9 would do so poorly as to cancel the rest of the show coming out.

I'm not surprised that this show is selling still even after Trapper left, there are a lot of people that like Winchester as a character, or would buy through season 5 for all the Burns episodes...there are those that said that Trapper was a character too much like Hawkeye and prefer BJ who is a completely different kind of character.

Personally, my dream cast would be Hawkeye, Trapper, Winchester, Potter, Hot Lips, Radar, Klinger, and the Priest.

As for the hour episode I'm sure the option to play it as such will be there, since it has been for all the other hour long episodes in the series so far, and I definitely agree they have to fix the chapter stops, and they probably don't need as many in a half hour show as they used in season 6.

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
But won't some parts be cut out of the hour episode, even if you view it as one part, because of the opening credits on the second half, and the end credits on the first half. It's the same print either way you view it.

Supporting Actor
I don't know. All I know is... I'll try both ways and come out with the decision on which from there to view it each time I watch it.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
as i get ready to finish off the 6th season soon, i'm suprised to see that 'preachy, sanctimonious air' was actually starting to creep into the series as early as these episodes.
i was under the impression that it started to get insufferably righteous once Radar left, but i can already see the seeds in about 1/2 dozen eps here.

caught a couple episodes near the end of the run on the Hallmark channel recently, and was again surpised that they weren't polemics but were actually good, character driven eps (in the one, BJ makes a bet to out prank everybody, with a lot of references to Trapper).

i may stick with the show for a while. i greatly enjoyed S6 (my first purchase of this show so far), even though i've seen all these things in re-runs countless times, its good to have a compact collection of them.

Supporting Actor
Just watched As Time Goes By tonight.

I like the tag scene.

Charles: Hawkeye, I noticed you didn't put anything of the infamous Frank Burns into the time capscule.
(Something to that statement)

Hawkeye: I thought about a scalpel, but I didn't want to put in a deadly weapon.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
The sow definatly was in decline while cbs kept insising it come back. But i still find weak Mash still better than anything on today. I,ll stick with it.

Rob P S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
rob
Don't forget that Season 7 is also the last one with Klinger in the dresses, and before Jamie Farr's mugging goes into overdrive along with Alan Alda's preaching and moralizing.

Lynda-Marie

Supporting Actor

Hear, hear, Dave!

It is amazing what is getting huge ratings these days, and all of the hype heaped upon some of these stink burgers, when too many deserving shows don't even get a chance to build up a fan base. I have gotten interested in some good stuff that was canceled after less than 10 episodes because it "failed" to get the ratings.

I miss MASH greatly, even though it got really preachy in its last few seasons, because there were still the great comedic bits that only the MASH crew could deliver.

I just wonder if they will consider releasing AfterMASH?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks