What's new

MASH: Season 1 packaging? (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
What I'm seeing on DVDfile looks like a double alpha case. I wonder if Fox could tell us exactly how this is packaged/arranged? The only way I know of to fit 24 episodes on 2 discs is to use...*shudder* DVD-18, and I know Fox wouldn't do that to us. I also hope it's not like Cleopatra with the third disc jimmied in there
Thanks for you time!
Jeff Kleist

Jeff Ulmer

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
It could be a Suspiria style 3 disc Alpha, but that would still mean 8 episodes per disc...
------------------
Link Removed | Burt Lancaster is Link Removed | dOc

Kenneth English

Second Unit
As long as each of the three discs is dual-layer it shouldn't be a problem to cram 8 episodes on each one (especially when you consider that, sans commercials, each episode only runs about 24 minutes).
Besides, for the quoted price ($39.95) it's a steal one way or the other! :)

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
The only way I know of to fit 24 episodes on 2 discs is to use...*shudder* DVD-18
You could also use a DVD-14. Eight episodes on the dual layer side, four on the single layer side. :)
This might not be the final packaging, so for all we know we could get the 3-disc alpha (like Suspiria) or we could get the packaging like The Simpsons: Season One.
Hopefully Peter can tell us a little bit of information. :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed - DVD Reviewer
Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Like the previous post, each episode will run approx 20 minutes without commercials. You can get 6 episodes per side that way in either 4 discs, 2 DVD-18's, or 2 flippers. I am leaning towards (citing the price) they will come out with 2 flippers.
Seeing that the show was not filmed with today's high-tech equipment or stock, and the sound track is mono, I will guess that compression ratios will also play a part.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks