What's new

Mary Tyler Moore Show: Season 2 coming in July (CONSOLIDATED DISCUSSION) (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Holy Cow! I hate this word! It's a toughie! We have it spelled all three of the above ways in this thread alone....with *my* spelling winning the prize for accuracy(optimistic). I think, for this, I deserve the reward of a *Free* copy of
MTM-Season 2 when it finally arrives. :D

(Anybody wanna complete the cycle by using optumistic?) :)

Ryan Wishton

Screenwriter
This thread really has turned into a waste of time and one big flame war...

Lets close this baby up before David and Cathy go one on one... ;)

Wait, on the other hand that might not be so bad... Two birds, one stone... I would buy a ticket for the event...

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
Wow, I miss visiting the HTF one day and look what I missed. ;) I am a huge MTM fan and is my all-time favorite TV show. I hope that the "powers that be" at Fox will see this as a sign there is a lot of enthusiasm to continue producing DVDs of the rest of this great series.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Yes, David. Sometimes I react a bit later. My waking hours are slightly shifted compared to your people's. :)

Cees

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Some thoughts:

MTM S1 was the first TV boxed set that I bought (and still a favorite!) I basically loved every episode of the show (altho a few in s7 were weak compared to the rest of the shows). HOWEVER, like most sitcoms, the first season can be a hit and miss affair as the creative staff looks for it's "voice"...look at Ted in the first few eps, just like Edith Bunker in early eps of AITF, or Will & Grace...or perhaps the most obvious case: Seinfeld. I am a completist and would buy all the seasons...but alot of people will only spend $30-40 on a set that is full of the best episodes. I, for one, will most likely stop buying Friends after S5...the later seasons (including the current one) are no where near as good...but that's another forum topic!

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
I jotted off an e-mail to FOX, asking (again :)) about a possible MTM-2. I was kinda surprised to get a very quick reply. ......

>> Hello ,
Thank you for your email. Unfortunately, Fox has not set a release date for Season 2 of MTM. I'm very sorry, but that is all the information I, or any of my contacts at the corporate office, have at this time.

Thank you,
Megan R
Fox Consumer

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
David VP, I was thinking the same thing when reading that email, those words jumped out at me. Maybe it will be fruitless to latch on to those few words as a sign of hope, but I've already been called dilusional so why not continue down that road?

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Yes, same here. Interesting, I thought.

Especially in light of another e-mail I received from the very same FOX representative (Megan) just the day before (regarding whether some catalog movie titles would ever see the light of day on DVD). In that mail, I was told ....

>> "Fox has no plans to release the titles in question at this time. I will forward your request on the corporate office so they can see what the public would like to see on DVD."

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
Hey David, I have a bridge in NYC that is for sale. I like that you are a positive thinker, but let's be real. The replies that you got are standard, "let's give them the answer they want to hear" replies. Sometimes when someone states that the check is in the mail, it usually isn't. I'm only this way because i once worked for lawyers.

Cathy Suzan

Stunt Coordinator
I wish to apologize to you David VP, and to everyone in this forum that i have antagonized. Please forgive me.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
You haven't antagonized me at all, Cathy. (Well, not much anyway. ;) :))

You're entitled to your opinion on the matter, as is quite right. You truly believe we'll never get MTM-2 on DVD. I, on the other hand, am confident that some day ... some year ... some decade ... we WILL indeed see MTM-2 released.

The remaining stellar seasons of "The Mary Tyler Moore Show" are simply too good a TV series to remain DVD-less forever.

I truly believe the above motto.

If the far inferior (IMO) Gilligan's Island can muster a Digital release, then there's hope for *anything*! (Esp. for one of the best shows of all-time, like MTM.) :)

I really think that Mary's gonna make it .... After All . :D

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

Doesn't matter, they don't need more bonus material for this show, barebones will be just fine, as I and several others have said countless times. David VP in fact has said that the documentary on season 1 really covers it all up through season 1 and well beyond so what else could they do? Not his exact words, but same general thought.

Ben Phillips

Stunt Coordinator

Actually, I felt that the documentary mainly covered the genesis of the show from creation up to and including the making of the first episode. As a matter of fact, I found myself wishing it had included more information about the rest of season one. Toward the end, it did gloss over a few events from later in the series, such as the addition of Sue Ann to the cast, but certainly not to the point that future documentaries would be pointless.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
You know as I read this thread, I can't help but making same links between posters and characters. :) I don't want to offend anybody so I won't say who's who, but there's definitely been a lot of Rhoda, some Ted, some Lou, etc., etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks