What's new

Mary Tyler Moore S2 Likely In 2005 (1 Viewer)

Jaime_Weinman

Supporting Actor
For the record, here are the first twelve episodes of Mary Tyler Moore season 2, the ones that would be included in season 2 volume 1 (assuming they continue to have the episodes in airing order):

1. "The Birds... and... um... Bees" - After Mary produces a documentary about sex, Phyllis asks Mary to tell Bess the facts of life.

2 "I Am Curious Cooper" - Lou tries to set up Mary with a friend of his.

3. "He's No Heavy, He's My Brother" - When Mary and Rhoda plan a vacation in Mexico, the owner of a Mexican restaurant ask them to take a mysterious package to his brother.

4. "Room 223" - Mary goes to night school and winds up dating her teacher.

5. "A Girl's Best Mother is Not Her Friend" - Rhoda's mother decides to try to become her daughter's best friend, to Rhoda's horror.

6. "Cover Boy" - Jack Cassidy guest-stars as Ted's brother (they originally wanted Cassidy to be Ted).

7. "Didn't You Used to Be... Wait... Don't Tell Me" - Mary goes to her high school reunion and meets an ex-boyfriend (Jack Riley).

8. "Thoroughly Unmilitant Mary" - All the WJM employees go on strike, requiring Lou and Mary to produce the news all by themselves.

9. "And Now, Sitting in for Ted Baxter" - When Ted goes on vacation, a competent anchorman is hired as his replacement, and Ted fears for his job.

10. "Don't Break the Chain" - Mary gets a chain letter from Lou.

11. "The Six and a Half Year Itch" - Lou suspects that his daughter's husband might be cheating on her.

12. "...Is a Friend in Need" - When Rhoda needs a job, Mary doesn't want her to come to work at WJM.

The highlight of the second season, for me, is "He's No Heavy, He's My Brother," but there are a number of good episodes, and they definitely took a step forward over season 1. (MTM was one of those shows that improved steadily as it went on, so the third season was even better, and the fourth season -- Rhoda's last season, and the first with Sue Ann -- was probably the best.) Season 2 was also the season that introduced the final version of the theme song (the first season version has different lyrics than the one we're used to).

Chris:L

Supporting Actor
yeah, that's why some episodes look better than others.

Even so, I'd rather take a restored version rather than a crappy one.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
THREAD *BUMP* FOR INFO ON AN MTM SEASON-ONE SALE ............

Right at this moment Amazon has the stellar MTM-1 DVD set for a mere $23.99 -- 52% off the MSRP! :emoji_thumbsup:

I wonder if it was this nice low price over the Christmas holiday. Anyone know? I'm not sure; I just noticed it today. (But it's selling well right at this moment -- ranking #157 in Amazon DVD sales. And #2 in Cleveland!)

Anyone holding back on MTM-1 due to the higher $40-$45 take-home price might want to get it now. *

* = And any further S.1 sales certainly can't harm the campaign for Season Two. :)

----------

Amazon has some really great prices on some other TV-on-DVD boxed sets too, including
58% off (!) of "24 -- Season 1" :eek:

That "24" set has sold like Lisa Douglas' hotcakes too -- #56 in sales rank. (Oh, wait, if they were Lisa's 'cakes, that'd mean sales would be horrid. Make that, instead, any HTF member's blueberry muffins. Yum! :))

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member

Mr. Bezos is my brother, and I do the books. :)

j/k :D

You can check the Sales Rank for individual categories (DVDs; Books; VHS; Toys; etc.) right on every Amazon webpage (under "Product Details").

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Somebody must have blown a main-spring there at Amazon this week -- Some amazing deals .......

67% off all individual "Twilight Zone" discs! THIS is 'Wal-Mart Bargain Bin' good! :)

Eric Paddon

Screenwriter
I'm still hoping we finally get Season 2 as well because that's the bare minimum Fox owes us at last even if they never do anything else with MTM.

Paul_Scott

Senior HTF Member
the sale prices started after Christmas- all the Fox first season sets are heavily discounted.
a similar sale is also going on at Best Buy stores.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks