What's new

Mary Poppins 50th Anniversary Blu-ray December 10th, 2013 (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
So, I decided to go looking for one of the albums in my extensive Disney music collection.

I dug out my two classic album releases already discussed here:

View attachment 3492 View attachment 3493

Then I found the one I was looking for. I bet not too many have this one laying around! :laugh:

View attachment 3494 View attachment 3495
View attachment 3496

And some CDs: the Australian Cast album of Mary Poppins, The London cast Album ofthe show and the 1997 and 2004 OSTs of the film:

View attachment 3497

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And the pièce de résistance.

Hanging in a place of honor in my home:

IMG_1885a.jpg
IMG_1886a.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_1887a.JPG
    IMG_1887a.JPG
    165.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1889a.jpg
    IMG_1889a.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_1891a.jpg
    IMG_1891a.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1893a.jpg
    IMG_1893a.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1894a.jpg
    IMG_1894a.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1896a.jpg
    IMG_1896a.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 202

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Great pictures of the memorabilia, everyone! Thanks for sharing it. :) Nice to see all the CDs, records, and books! I really liked that Jolly Holiday Little Golden Book when I was a kid. Wonderful illustrations. Mike, glad to see you have the "March Along With Mary Poppins" album. The performances are a lot of fun. Particularly unusual is hearing, "The Life I Lead" and "Fidelity Fiduciary Bank" played by a marching band!

I thought I'd share some of the Mary Poppins artwork I've done. The first two are pictures I painted on wood for my parent's outdoor holiday display, and the third is a colored pencil portrait. As the penguins said, she's my "favorite person". ;)

decor16.jpg
decor11.jpg
MPoppinsChrisTassin.jpg

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I've got the covers of the complete music score for voice and piano that I bought soon after I saw the movie, but I'm having trouble getting it to load. Maybe the file is bigger than it needs to be. Anyway, this book is crammed with photos and interviews just like a souvenir book. I honestly had forgotten I had it until I saw the pictures of the souvenir book earlier.

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
classicmovieguy said:
You are a very talented artist! Amazing!!!!!
Mike Frezon said:
Very nice, Chris. VERY nice.

Those are super.

Er, super-cali-fragil-istic-expi-al-i-do-cious.
Thank you, Guys!! I really enjoyed doing those.
Matt Hough said:
Love that cover, Matt. Their dancing figures against the blue is really nice. I finally located one of those music score books about a year ago. That particular one is hard to find in decent condition.

I've heard a couple of people say, "Julie never showed that much leg in the film!" But I really like that promo art. It's typical of that older poster art and beautifully done. It represents the spirit of "Step In Time" well, but yes, it does remind me of West Side Story.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Her skirts got pretty high during the "Step in Time" number, though. Albeit she was wearing black stockings and bloomers, so her legs weren't exclusively on display. ;)

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I bought that first "complete musical score" book when the movie was new, too, but my copy sadly went astray over the years.

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
darkrock17 said:
I use to own this doll back in the 90's when it came out in 1993 when I was five.

marypoppins.jpg
This is from Margo Rana's "Disney Dolls" ID & Priceguide which I have... Apparently this was a parks exclusive doll, and I'm sure her value has appreciated considerably as this book is almost 20 years old now...

img640.jpg

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
classicmovieguy said:
This is from Margo Rana's "Disney Dolls" ID & Priceguide which I have... Apparently this was a parks exclusive doll, and I'm sure her value has appreciated considerably as this book is almost 20 years old now...

attachicon.gif
img640.jpg
I remember getting that doll at The Disney Store at my local mall, so maybe it was exclusive to both The Disney Store and the parks.

BBbrowd

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chris
Simon Massey said:
Do we know if this is a restoration or simply a release based on elements already available ?
Simon, from what we've heard, this will be a new restoration that was recently done in 2012.
If it's anything near the quality of the print that was screened last fall on select XD screens, we are in for a real treat. It looked incredible. Better than anything we've seen released so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.