What's new

Mary Poppins - 2-Disc 40th Anniversary Edition as with Brother Bear (1 Viewer)

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Thank you, ultimatedisney.com. :emoji_thumbsup:

I personally dig the cover art and how they incorporated many of the most memorable images from the film.

It comes out in December. I know I can't wait until then. :D

EDIT: The title should say "ad with Brother Bear." Could a mod fix that? Thanks. :)

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
Mary Poppins was one of my first DVDs.
I've been waiting for a nice anamorphic edition.
I can't wait until December.

Lars Vermundsberget

Supporting Actor
I've never had a LD nor a DVD of Mary Poppins, so December is the time to do something about that, obviously. The cover art looks good.

TimSmith

Auditioning
I'll be picking this up. I always wanted to buy it on DVD but never did. Now I have no excuse not to.

Ryan Wong

Stunt Coordinator
What are the specs?
Julie Andrews' commentary?
Isolated sing-a-long soundtrack? (Like the Sound of Music)

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
One of my favorites of all time. Can't wait. Have previously owned the Deluxe LD, and the first dvd release. Looks like a nice Christmas present. :emoji_thumbsup:

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
This will be my third purchase of Mary Poppins on DVD, in addition to my "Exclusive Archive Collection LD" of the title, and my two different VHS release copies of the movie. Looks like the white border is a see-through slipcase a'la Rain Man.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I've also held off purchasing this film in the hopes that a better edition, more fitting for a film of this stature, would be on its way. Let's hope Disney doesn't waste too much disc space with "Shake Hands with a Sweep" and "Poo on the Bird Lady" games.

Ernest Rister

Senior HTF Member
My 3-yr.old niece and 1-yr. old nephew love the "Virtual Wonderland Party" on the Alice in Wonderland: MAsterpiece Edition. Adults enjoy it about as much as watching Barney, but small children enjoy it. The only thing missing for me on the Alice set was a commentary track - I have the Exclusive Archive Laserdisc of Alice, so I have the still frame galleries and the ton of song demos. A commentary track would have been nice.

As for Mary Poppins:ME, I'm expecting a new documentary and a commentary, anything more than that - including song-and-dance activities for smaller kids - is gravy.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
As long as the documentary isn't fluff, I'll be happy too. I was just disappointed that some great features from the LD were left off of the DVD in order to have the silly games. I don't mind the games as long as I also get the good stuff.

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
I'll be glad to have this as well. This is one of the best Disney live action films as well. I think LDI did a restoration on this, so the transfer should be excellent. As long as the disc has that, and a commentary, I'll be happy!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks