What's new

MARY MAGDALENE (1 Viewer)

Ernest

Supporting Actor
Mary Magdalene stars Rhooney Mara as Mary and Joaquin Phoenix as Jesus. The story takes place in Judea around 33 AD when Jesus would have been approximately 37 years old. Jesus was born in 4 BC the year Herod the Great died. At times it is very difficult to understand what the cast is saying it is recommended to turn on the subtitles. The story follows Mary as she becomes a member of Jesus ministry along with the 12 apostles. I purchased the Region-Free BluRay from Amazon.uk. If you enjoy Biblical stories like Paul the Apostle of Christ, Risen, you will like this movie though don't expect the tension that Mel Gibson brought to The Passion.

Mary.jpg

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The U.S. release of this is in limbo because The Weinstein Company had the rights to it. Those rights have been sold, along with everything else of the company's remains, to Lantern Capital, but they haven't announced release plans for this or any of the other completed films they acquired i the deal.

skylark68

Screenwriter
Real Name
Timothy
I was looking forward to this, hopefully the rights issue will be cleared up soon. I like Risen and Paul, Apostle of Christ very much.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Well, the rights are 100% in the hands of Lantern Capital. They bought the remains of TWC. The issue now is how they will choose to release it. In the meantime, Ernest's original post appears to be about a foreign Blu-ray release of it, so you could just import that if you have a region-free player and not wait.

moviepas

Supporting Actor
I am watching the German release BluRay as I read this post.It arrived this week here in Australia. My understanding is that recently the "experts" have decided Mary Magdalene was not a prostitute after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zoobird
Recent bookmarks