What's new

Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman on DVD. (1 Viewer)

Kenny Neal

Stunt Coordinator
Probably not, but I'd absolutely buy Ferwood/America 2-Nite (they took place in the same TV universe).

Dane Marvin

Screenwriter
I remember both these shows being on the "TV Land Kitschen" lineup a couple years ago. The Kitschen was hosted by Fred Willard and Martin Mull and aired on Fridays and Saturdays from like 10-midnight or something like that. They rotated the shows that were part of the lineup. Anyway, I don't think it airs anymore. Of the shows they played:

--I have no interest in "Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman".

--I would buy the short-lived "Square Pegs" (Sarah Jessica Parker's acting debut, featuring appearances by several SNL alum and several new wave music acts) in a heartbeat. Sony could release the complete series rather painlessly in a 2-disc set.

--I'd buy "Fernwood 2Night". The premise of the series just slays me. It's brilliant. Willard & Mull are comedic gold.

--"Welcome Back Kotter". Have we gotten an announcement about this yet? The only thing I hated about the show was none of the extras got lines. For some reason, in the alternate universe the Sweathogs & Kotter are living in, none of the kids in the entire class ever talk except for Epstein, Vinnie, Horschack and Washington. And later, that one girl. I think you automatically had to pay out the nose if you had an extra with a spoken line back in those days. Despite this unrealistic flaw (seriously, watch how patient and silent these kids in the background are in class), I'd buy the first season and see if it was good enough to continue on with.

--I think "The Flying Nun" was part of the lineup too. With apologies to Sally Field, I have no interest whatsoever.

--"Perfect Strangers" I'd be on the fence about. It had its moments, but I don't think I would want to buy it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks