What's new

Disney+ Marvel's WandaVision (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
There are a handful of pssible future spoilers out there already.
One Podcast that I have deleted wants of episode spoiler talk but then revealed some spoilers from a previous source that has been on the nose in the past without warning of that spoiler.
So I stopped listening and deleted it.

Anyway there is some speculation about Vision and that’s due to a number that appeared during the episode on the clock while he was at work.
The time on the clock corresponds with an event in an issue of the Avengers that might be pertinent to this show.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Anyone have thoughts on this nugget from ep 2?

3EF5A2C1-9A39-4ADE-A0DA-3B66D6BF1A66.jpeg

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Anyone have thoughts on this nugget from ep 2?

View attachment 86383

The helmet looks to be the helmet of a Marvel character called (potential spoiler)
"Grim Reaper, who is the brother of Wonder Man. In the comics, Wonder Man's brain patterns served as the template for Vision's mind."
If you Google it you'll see the similarity, and you can read more of the comics backstory of the character. No idea what from that they will incorporate into this story, if anything. It may just be an Easter Egg for comic fans or it could be foreshadowing the involvement of the character in some way.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I enjoyed today's episode.

More questions popping up. New mysteries in the oven.

Brady house today. What next? Cosby? Family Ties?
Interesting if 90s had Tanners (Full House) with Wanda wondering about missing siblings.

I did appreciate the 'Because you watched' suggestion
Age Of Ultron

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This episode was great, but it is a situation where Kevin Feige's previous announcements put us ahead of the storytelling in this episode. For anyone who doesn't know, I'm going to spoilerize this. But if you'e been paying attention to what casting news Feige has announced In the past, there's nothing you don't already know in the spoiler.

Teyonah Parris, who has appeared thus far as "Geraldine," was originally announced as playing a grown-up version of Monica Rambeau. She of course was the kid from Captain Marvel, in which she was played by Akira Akbar. Obviously, she has grown up, since Captain Marvel was set in 1995. However, it would have been much nicer if Parris was announced originally only as Geraldine. She has been confirmed to play Monica again in Captain Marvel II, but since that movie isn't even in production yet, they could easily have held that information back until the show reveals Geraldine as Monica. Because I already know who Teyonah Parris is, it wasn't as much of a surprise to hear her refer to Ultron as it would have been if we didn't know she was actually playing Monica.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I thought the sitcom within the show was less successful this week than the prior two episodes. I think that's down to two things:
  1. I was never a huge fan of "The Brady Bunch" or "The Partridge Family". The kind of seventies sitcoms I enjoyed, like "Barney Miller" and "All in the Family", are too grounded and cynical to work as an inspiration within this framework.
  2. The cracks in whatever is going on are starting to multiply and take up more of the episode. Whereas the first two episodes spent 95 percent of their running time fully engaged in the sitcom premise and tone, the episode got off track more frequently from what was "supposed" to happen. Vision spent a good chunk of the episode trying to figure out what was really going on, and Wanda spent a good chunk of the episode trying to keep the real world from intruding.
I continue to think that this would play better if it was experienced in one go. There are shows that work really well on the weekly release model, but with this one I mostly feel frustrated at the end of the half-hour.

It sure seems like Agnes and Herb more about what's going on than they're letting on.

It's interesting that it's been the same man and same women in all three commercials so far.

The beat at the end where "Geraldine" was thrown out of the town reminded me a lot of the beginning of the Alex Garland film adaptation of Annihilation.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Interesting. It recommended Marvel Legends to me.

I see 8 different recommendations including both Legends and Ultron.

Was interesting when Vision starting questioning Wanda and this time she didn’t even say No, she just restarted a few moments earlier as a slight hiccup or glitch.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I...I think this show might be a masterpiece.

It has thus far been extremely well-executed, but particularly with a show like this, I think how it is concluded will have a major impact on its overall reputation. So I personally won't throw words like the M word around just yet.

But it is very, very, very good so far.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Great episode.

Lots of cracks in the fantasy starting to show, and more “real” emotion coming through from Wanda, who is now clearly shown to be wanting to keep the fantasy going, as well as the inhabitants of Westview who are at least semi-aware of their being in a prison of sorts.

I liked that this third episode wasn’t as much of a whole sitcom episode playing out with just little touches of the real situation bleeding through (like the first two) but more of the real situation being the driving aspect of the plot even though it is still heavily in the sitcom facade. Pretty likely that as the story progress so will the shift towards a more “conventional” narrative (even though I imagine the sitcom fantasy world will remain the main setting through the story.

Right off the bat we had more great “this world is kinda broken” vibes going on as Herb was cutting through the fence with the hedge clippers. That was kinda creepy. And his whispered conversation with Agnes again had the vibes of people from the Twilight Zone episode “It’s a Good Life” where the people stuck in that situation don’t want to upset the God in charge.

I don’t think Vision is going to keep with the fantasy much longer because he seems to keep recognizing just how odd and wrong everything is.

I can see why they released these three episodes to reviewers as a block. I think these three in particular really show what this seems to be about without telling exactly what is causing the situation or why. So much more of Wanda’s state of mind seemed to shine through the cracks in this one.

I agree that it is too bad that knowing the casting announcements from the greater MCU does kind of somewhat spoil the surprise with Teyonah Paris’s character being someone “in the know from outside”, though it was still nice to see that unfold here. I’m also sure that the majority of viewers don’t follow such things.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
This show has been tremendously fun to watch with my wife because we watched a ton of old sitcoms together during our courtship. It’s so fun to watch something like this where all the references and callbacks to different shows also bring up memories of us dating. It feels almost as if it could have been made just for us.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I’m. Ot looking at that spoiler as I don’t want to know who is going to be on future shows other theIn the previews..

I loved the switch to widescreen right as Wanda tossed her out through the force field.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks