What's new

Disney+ Marvel's WandaVision (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Wasn’t there a very well regarded comic book series about The Vision having a family? I didn’t read it, but I am aware of it. Could make an interesting kinda sequel series.

Detour (1945)

Second Unit
Real Name
Steve
Wasn’t there a very well regarded comic book series about The Vision having a family? I didn’t read it, but I am aware of it. Could make an interesting kinda sequel series.

Yes, sir, this one. I've heard really good things about it. I don't read modern comic books, but am considering picking up the TPB for this series. I've always been a fan of the Wanda/Vision story arc.

0.jpg

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Premium
Ambassador
Real Name
Tony D.
Surprised no one had mentioned this yet.

Marvel apparently added something during the second credit scene in the last episode.

As the camera comes towards the Cabin you can see a figure floating down the mountain on the left side behind the cabin.

Speculation is that this is Dr strange.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I went and looked at this while I was in the Disney+ app after Loki. First of all, I've got to say it is an annoyance to fast forward through the entire episode with a remote just to get to the end credits scene. I wish there was a way streaming services could add chapter stops like discs. Just another reason why physical media should stick around.

Secondly, I've got to say I'm confused about this. Admittedly, I'm not one of those people who does frame-by-frame analysis or anything. Also, I've only seen the finale once, back in March, on the night it premiered. So I'm no expert. But I generally have a good memory and I couldn't tell what was different. The scene played to me very much like it did the first time I saw it. Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
I went and looked at this while I was in the Disney+ app after Loki. First of all, I've got to say it is an annoyance to fast forward through the entire episode with a remote just to get to the end credits scene. I wish there was a way streaming services could add chapter stops like discs. Just another reason why physical media should stick around.

Secondly, I've got to say I'm confused about this. Admittedly, I'm not one of those people who does frame-by-frame analysis or anything. Also, I've only seen the finale once, back in March, on the night it premiered. So I'm no expert. But I generally have a good memory and I couldn't tell what was different. The scene played to me very much like it did the first time I saw it. Am I missing something? I feel like I'm missing something.

There's a short video in the reddit thread I linked above. It will show you all you need to see. The quick answer is Disney added a few trees, and removed a "distracting" hole in the door (I guess too much light was coming through and drawing attention away from Wanda). The removal caused a digital artifact for the entire sequence because the effects person forgot to limit the application of the removal tool to just the few seconds (and instead applied it for the entire sequence so there is a "floating" digital effect tool artifact the entire time").

NeilO

Senior HTF Member
Here is a video with lots of speculation about the newly edited scene and the explanation of the blur. It may be the same one as referenced above.

According to the video there were supposed to be several Dr. Strange references. Also, there is now an explicit reference to the Dr. Strange music theme.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Art of WandaVision book I posted about on March 22 in post #675 has been delayed from August 24, 2021 to a new release date of January 4, 2022. If it maintains this release date, it will be arriving almost a year after the series began airing. I suspect only diehard fans would want something like this anyway, but it is unusual to see this coming out so long after the series entered the pop culture conversation.

Edit: There is something called Marvel's WandaVision Collectors Special being released on August 31, 2021. Here is the Amazon link for that for anyone who is interested so you know what to search for. But I don't know how to make a product link do a referral to HTF, so if you want to buy it you might want to go through one of the HTF affiliate links and search for it so that HTF gets a kickback. If an owner or moderator knows how to make this link work with the referral program, please feel free to edit this post to do that.

Amazon product

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pox;and
Recent bookmarks