What's new

Disney+ Marvel's WandaVision (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think that if Doctor Strange were to show up in the very end of this show, it would distract from the final moment being about Wanda. Agatha mentioned him when she said that Wanda's power exceeds that of the Sorcerer Supreme. That was enough of a nod to where she is going. We didn't need to see Doctor Strange now, and I'm glad they kept the focus on Wanda at this moment. People would have been going crazy about his appearance at the expense of focusing on Wanda's journey.

Plus, we already know Doctor Strange is going to see Spider-Man again before he sees Wanda (unless Elizabeth Olsen also turns up in Spider-Man for some reason.)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
A Doctor Strange cameo makes perfect sense considering that this was a big event involving magic and how Strange protects the world from magical threats and has watchlists and such. And since we know Wanda’s story continues in Doctor Strange 2 having Strange show up at the end would be fitting. However, you wouldn’t want him showing up to resolve the conflict since this is Wanda’s problem to solve. But an appearance in a post credits scene would not have been the least bit surprising.

What didn’t make to me was that it sounded like Tony was saying that the rumor was Strange was going to be in that scene INSTEAD of Wanda. Like Strange would have been at a cabin in the middle of no where reading from the Darkhold. I think I misread what Tony was saying, but that’s how it read to me and so to that I‘d say “that don’t make no sense”. But Strange introducing himself to Wanda at the cabin saying something like “Wanda Maximoff, you have a lot to learn” would have made perfect sense it they decided to do that.

I do agree though that it was Wanda’s story and Wanda’s ending moment, which is why they probably didn’t include a Strange cameo.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yeah, see that is what doesn’t make any sense. What would make sense is a rumor about Strange coming to see Wanda, for which there were indeed plenty of rumors (or at least speculation). But a scene with just Strange (at his Sanctum) while plausible because Wanda’s story is going to intersect with Strange wouldn’t seem as organic. And a scene that was the same one as shown, in an isolated cabin at the base of a mountain only with Wanda swapped out for Strange reading the book goes into the negative sense bin. Wanda now has the book and is using it to understand magic and her powers. That makes perfect narrative sense.

Rumors are rumors, so they can be anything, but I feel like maybe you may have misread the rumor, or whoever wrote what you read misread it, etc..

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
The main story ended ok. I didn't care for the credit end sequences. Mostly because I don't like having to read other sources to get interpretations of what they supposedly mean. The sequence itself should be able to do that.
I was annoyed that they had two sequences buried in the credits. I don't like having to search for one such sequence - - two is really annoying.

Greg.K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg K.
I was annoyed that they had two sequences buried in the credits. I don't like having to search for one such sequence - - two is really annoying.
Eh, it's Marvel, it's what they do...

I don't think it's necessary to understand what the sequences mean, either - they're teasers for what is to come.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'm still catching up on the conversation, and I suppose it's all been said, but regardless:

WandaVision was for me a fun show. But not amazing. And while the finale was fun and exciting, the writers wimped out and didn't own their story, gutting the finale of its true strength.

Wanda was a terrible person. By way of her grief and vast powers, she mind-raped and enslaved hundreds, maybe thousands, of people. This is horrific. And the show excused it with Monica spewing pablum garbage about how we'd all do the same if it was us. The show decimated the potential depths of both Wanda and Monica, making them both comic-book characters in a wholly perjorative meaning.

The character study of Wanda as a grieving person is a good story. The possible arcs of redemption or of embracing her evil could either be great. But refusing to acknowledge her evil, and dodge its consequences, to make her warm and fuzzy with neither the hard work of redemption nor the narrative thrill of the antihero embracing villainy is cowardly storytelling.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Nine episodes really wasn't enough to finish telling the story. The ending felt rushed. The show built up that there were some real psychological issues going on and then fell back on a typical Marvel fight scene to end it. The Agnes character just fizzled out like a wet firecracker after all the build up.

It was good for what it was, but the opening episodes hinted at so much more than what ended up being delivered.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I don’t think we’ve begun to see the consequences of what will happen. That’s a feature of MCU storytelling that’s a bug for part of the audience and especially critics. In terms of the show’s end, it’s not like there was anyone in the world remotely powerful enough to stop Wanda. She knew she was wrong and left; there was no way any other character in the show could have physically stopped her or captured her. The consequences of her action and growing power will almost certainly be explored in Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness and other future stories. My take isn’t so much that the showrunners avoided anything but rather that this was a starting point to an arc that will continue developing.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The Assembled documentary about the making of the show is now up on Disney+, but it is listed as its own entity within the app. It is not listed on the actual WandaVision series page.

Has anyone else watched it yet? I'm sure I will get to it soon, but because it is a making-of and not an actual episode of the show, I didn't feel the need to stay up in the middle of the night to see it right away.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
We were going to watch that night but it's 57 minutes and we didn't have time. This weekend, for sure.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The Assembled documentary about the making of the show is now up on Disney+, but it is listed as its own entity within the app. It is not listed on the actual WandaVision series page.

Has anyone else watched it yet? I'm sure I will get to it soon, but because it is a making-of and not an actual episode of the show, I didn't feel the need to stay up in the middle of the night to see it right away.
Just finished watching it. Going in, I was afraid it would be like "Marvel Legends", short little EPK featurettes marketed as a television series.

It's definitely on the fluffier side and marketing team approved, but at nearly an hour it's pretty comprehensive about touching on all of the various elements that went into making the show. It reminded me a lot of some of the better special features from the glory days of DVD special editions.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Just finished watching it. Going in, I was afraid it would be like "Marvel Legends", short little EPK featurettes marketed as a television series.

It's definitely on the fluffier side and marketing team approved, but at nearly an hour it's pretty comprehensive about touching on all of the various elements that went into making the show. It reminded me a lot of some of the better special features from the glory days of DVD special editions.
I’d agree with that having just finished watching.

The thing that has continued to strike me over the course of the series and how this BTS feature is the chemistry Olsen and Bettany have both in character and out of character. In the show, they’re wonderfully right for each other to the point I always believe they’re in love. In the out of character moments we see (specially the convo about spanx and posture), they seem to really just enjoy each other’s company.

I really hope this isn’t the last we see of them together and happy. They may be my favorite Marvel couple.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks