What's new

Disney+ Marvel's WandaVision (1 Viewer)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
White Vision will now have all of his original memories back (which I suspect will take a bit of time to process) but I suspect that he will still lack that special “spark of life”, essentially his soul. That special something given to him by the Mind Stone that Wanda still carries within her. So what becomes of this version of Vision is something that I don’t think could be neatly wrapped up at the end of this episode and will be explored at a later time.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
But either would work.

We know from the ending of Far From Home that Fury is in space now and Talos will be impersonating him on Earth. (I say "will be" because technically WandaVision predates the summer 2024 time period of Far From Home.). So that's why I think it's more likely not Talos. The Skrull pointed up, implying space.

Functionally speaking for this moment, either would do the same thing, which is to bring Monica into the story of Captain Marvel II.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
The only frustration I have with the show that is actually related to the show itself is Evan Peters.

SPOILERS BELOW

So this was basically just stunt casting, a purely meta gag, and I’m not a fan of the choice. Marvel has made no secret that the Doctor Strange sequel is about the multiverse. They could have kept a temporary title of “Doctor Strange 2”, but they announced “In the Multiverse of Madness“ as the title, clearly signaling that the MCU is going there. They have also officially announced that Elizabeth Olsen’s Wanda will be in the film.

So when they have the Evan Peters version of Pietro Maximoff show up, they know EXACTLY what the interpretation is going to be for a significant amount of fans. And for those that didn’t get the implication because they didn’t follow the Fox films or don’t follow Marvel’s future movie announcements, the implication would be explained to them. I believe the audio narration for the visually impaired even says something like “The Quicksilver from the Fox Universe X-Men films“ when Pietro shows up at the door.

I have a work friend who follows and enjoys the MCU but never watched the Fox X-Men movies. So when Peters showed up at Wanda’s door I had to explain the significance of that. But now that just seems dumb because it wasn’t related to the Fox universe and was just meta stunt casting.

And it still seems weird that Agatha could make this normal person a speedster but couldn’t put a glamour on him to make him look like Pietro. And wasn’t Wanda testing Fietro asking about things from their childhood? Didn’t he know what he should have? I’ll have to watch that scene again, but I thought he did. Agatha didn’t know Wanda’s history until she went back with her into her memories later on.

Evan Peters is a great actor and he was great in this role. He was enjoyable and fun to watch whenever onscreen. But that isn’t enough to justify essentially trolling the audience with his casting.

The rest of the show was great, and I really liked it. But this bit just frustrates the Hell out of me.
I had no idea who Evan Peters was, but I now assume from your posts he’s the actor playing the “fake” brother, and that he also played this same character in the X-Men movies. I had no idea until recently (from reading people talking about WandaVision online) that Wanda and her brother were originally from the X-Men comics. I also did NOT recognize the “fake Pietro” as the actor who played him in the X-men films. This all makes my head spin! 🤪

Nigel P

Second Unit
Real Name
Nigel
I thought it was a really well put together show with a theme that really hit close to home. I thoroughly enjoyed the finale. We finally got some action which was good, but it also had some twists and the way the Vision situation was resolved with a conversation was superb. The goodbye was also beautifully written and acted. The Scarlet Witch costume was on point and they even managed to make the headpiece look good.

The Evan Peters thing was definitely slightly strange. I don't have any particular attachment to that version of Quicksilver though so it didn't bother me as much as it did some. Monica's "guy" was also weird in that just based on the way it was mentioned in the show it seemed like something significant. The fact that the actress also made a point of it makes me wonder if something was supposed to happen but plans had to change for whatever reason. The only other non positive was Hayward turned out to be very one dimensional.

The scene where Wanda was confronted by the residents of Westview was really eerie. Wanda is clearly in a very interesting position character wise at the end, and it seems like she is using Dr Strange like ability reading the Darkhold and then hears her sons calling out.

Last edited:

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The main story ended ok. I didn't care for the credit end sequences. Mostly because I don't like having to read other sources to get interpretations of what they supposedly mean. The sequence itself should be able to do that.
The tag scenes are there -- as they are in every movie in the MCU -- to whet one's appetite for what's to come. They aren't they to specifically befuddle people who aren't "in the know". One can argue that that's becoming more of a problem with the MCU, where the fans who are in the know are speculating and theorizing to a degree that people who aren't Marvel-literate think they're supposed to see or understand something that isn't really there, or isn't that important.

One of the great things about the MCU has been that the rank and file of viewers can appreciate and enjoy what's there without knowing everything about the comics, while there's another level of appreciation for people who do know more about the characters and universe. I liken it to a kid's animated movie, where there are a lot of crazy antics that keep the kids engaged, but there might be another level to it where adults can get something more out of it than what's there on its face.

The first tag scene here is a bit of an in-joke to those who've watched Captain Marvel and/or Spider-Man: Far from Home, but you don't have to have seen those films to get the idea that the "friend" of Monica's mother referred to has something to do with outer space.

The second tag scene? I'm Marvel-literate (movies and comics), but the scene didn't mean anything to me beyond "Wanda is contemplating her Mystic Navel" or something along those lines, now that she's been made aware of who she is and what she can do.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
If they introduce Jocasta in the next season (will there be a second?) I'd be all into this series as that is one of my favorite characters from the MU.

As far as has been said, all of these Disney+ shows are one-off mini-series. In some respects, I suppose one could argue that they are meant to be something akin to the movie serials of yore.

There are no plans to do second seasons for any of them. As in all things, however, that could change.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There are no plans to do second seasons for any of them.

I absolutely believe that WandaVision is closed out -- there's really no way to continue that story in that format -- but I don't think that means all of the series are going to be one-offs. Feige said a few weeks ago that some of them could potentially go multiple seasons. But WandaVision is obviously very conceptual with the sitcom world and it wouldn't really serve any narrative purpose to put them back into that scenario just to pump out additional episodes.

It is possible that other shows could be designed in a more open-ended nature.

But the sequel to WandaVision is effectively The Falcon and the Winter Soldier which will start in a couple of weeks, and then the next thing is Loki after that. I don't mean that in the sense of picking up story threads, but in terms of being part of the MCU. The MCU is the brand. As long as they have something MCU coming down the pipeline, Disney+ doesn't necessarily need to renew each show. We're all going to come back for the next piece of the overarching story.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
As far as has been said, all of these Disney+ shows are one-off mini-series. In some respects, I suppose one could argue that they are meant to be something akin to the movie serials of yore.

There are no plans to do second seasons for any of them. As in all things, however, that could change.
Actually, there is a possibility of second seasons for some of these shows. But it really depends on if that makes sense to that particular story. Most are meant to be “event series” like a fleshed out feature film, and story aspects or character paths will continue in other films and other Disney+ series. But some may have additional Disney+ ”seasons” if appropriate.

From Kevin Feige:
“The fun of the MCU is obviously all of the crossover that we can do between series, between films,” he said. “So it will always vary based on the story. Sometimes they’ll go into a Season 2, sometimes it will go into a feature and then back into a series. We’ve announced that ‘Ms. Marvel,’ after her debut on Disney Plus, will be going into the second “Captain Marvel” film. But sometimes — it’s yet to be announced, but we are thinking of planning second seasons for some of the upcoming series.”

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
We know from the ending of Far From Home that Fury is in space now and Talos will be impersonating him on Earth. (I say "will be" because technically WandaVision predates the summer 2024 time period of Far From Home.). So that's why I think it's more likely not Talos. The Skrull pointed up, implying space.

Functionally speaking for this moment, either would do the same thing, which is to bring Monica into the story of Captain Marvel II.

All true, as regards the timeline sequence, but the FFH tag scene only tells us that there's a SWORD base up in space. We don't know how long it's been up there (Fury and Hill could've been involved in it before they got Blipped). My point is that there are three people that Monica would likely interpret as being the alluded-to friend of her mother's: Fury, Talos, or Carol.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

I don't think it's Carol because the Skrull said "he heard you were grounded." If it was in reference to Carol, her pronoun would be "she."

But yes - any of the three would serve the same purpose which is to get Monica involved in the next Captain Marvel movie, which we already know she is appearing in.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The way Feige's statement reads, though, is that some of these may go to a second season, but so far they haven't actually made any plans for such. I suppose it's like most TV shows where they do a "first season" hoping that it'll be popular enough to have more seasons, but there are definitely other shows where the plan right from the git-go is to do multiple seasons. And so far, none of the announced MCU series appear to fall into that category.

Except for What If...? But then, that's an anthology series to begin with, and won't have storylines that affect the MCU.

Museum Pieces

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Skylar
I don't think it's Carol because the Skrull said "he heard you were grounded." If it was in reference to Carol, her pronoun would be "she."

But yes - any of the three would serve the same purpose which is to get Monica involved in the next Captain Marvel movie, which we already know she is appearing in.
I thought the "he" referred to Nick Fury and his upcoming show.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I thought the "he" referred to Nick Fury and his upcoming show.

Nick Fury is who I thought too. As to his show, we don't know the timeline of Secret Invasion yet, but because it was just recently announced at Disney's investor day last December, I don't think it will happen for a while yet. I suspect that it is more likely we will see Nick Fury next in Captain Marvel 2, which is on the schedule for November 2022 at the point. We know Teyonah Parris will be returning as Monica In that film.

Last edited:

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
And wasn’t Wanda testing Fietro asking about things from their childhood? Didn’t he know what he should have? I’ll have to watch that scene again, but I thought he did. Agatha didn’t know Wanda’s history until she went back with her into her memories later on.
No, he didn't know the answer to the test. He dodged the question by replying "You're testing me, aren't you?"

The one thing that made me laugh and roll my eyes a bit was the slugfest between the two visions. It was purely action for actions sake. What exactly did they think they were going to accomplish by punching each other? With the ability to phase, it's all completely pointless. And with that ability, why wouldn't you just leave it turned on the entire time, so you couldn't get hurt? Why keep turning it on and off? :laugh:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Nick Fury is who I thought too. As to his show, we don't know the timeline of Secret Invasion yet, but because it was just recently announced at Disney's investor day last December, I don't think it will happen for a while yet. I suspect that it is more likely we will see Nick Fury next in Captain Marvel 2, which is on the schedule for November 2022 at the point. We know Teyonah Parris will be returning as Monica In that film.
I think there is a good possibility of some interconnection between Secret Invasion and Captain Marvel 2. I was leaning toward SI being a story that is smaller than the comics story but ultimately leads into Captain Marvel 2 in which the scale increases. But who knows? They could not overlap at all or they could interconnect but with SI coming after.

If it does come before CM2, then I wouldn’t be surprised to see Teyonah be involved with that as well.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
No, he didn't know the answer to the test. He dodged the question by replying "You're testing me, aren't you?"

You’re right, he did dodge the question. I was confusing it with when he made reference to a shared childhood experience when he told Wanda that her costume was “worse than the costumes Mom made us the year we got typhus”. Of course that led to an “in-format” sitcom flashback to them as kids getting a fish from the old woman and then Wanda said “That’s not exactly the way I remember it” and Pietro followed with “You probably suppressed a lot of the trauma”. So because of the sitcom format already altering reality, the memory can’t be used as evidence of a real memory.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
“It turns out this weird conceptual show is gonna end with a big CGI battle, just like Marvel movies.”

🤣 Yeah, I totally would have preferred this to have stayed a small “weird conceptual show” than devolve into a Marvel blockbuster. Though I guess in hindsight that was silly for me to expect. Still a great show, though. I liked the overall conclusion of it all.

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
I loved it all.

My only complaints - Darcy needed to have a bigger part in the end. More the one thing she did. Agatha seemed a bit too one dimensional at the end. I hoped there was more for her after the battle. The only bright side is that hopefully she will be consulted by Wanda at a later time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks