What's new

Disney+ Marvel's WandaVision (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Because they were announced at the same time, we originally had a combination thread discussing the reveal of multiple shows Marvel planned to make for Disney+. This included a then-untitled show centered around Scarlet Witch. That very old thread was started two years ago by @Sam Favate.

I posted tonight's reveal of the first trailer and promotional artwork for WandaVision in that thread. @Sean Bryan suggested that it was time for WandaVision to get its own dedicated thread.

Probably time for this to separate from this thread and get its own.

Because the release of the show is clearly imminent, I agree. So I thought I would start one with the trailer and poster from the other thread. Hopefully this one will be used for discussion specifically of this show once it begins airing.

There is no set release date yet, but Disney+ has announced it will be in 2020. I would guess it will start when The Baby Yoda Show wraps its season. I know some people who cancelled last year after that one finished, but the overlap is significant enough between Star Wars fans and MCU fans that a lot of those people will probably keep their subscriptions active a while longer if WandaVision starts immediately afterwards.

Trailer:

and artwork from Disney social media:

WandaVision.jpg

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
What a great, seemingly thematically relevant, choice for the trailer song as well.

Seems to fit perfectly with the concept of someone who’s created a world and recreated a lost love so they can be together. I hope this actually is used in the series in some way.

Heavenly shades of night are falling, it's twilight time
Out of the mist your voice is calling, it's twilight time
When purple colored curtains mark the end of day
I'll hear you, my dear, at twilight time

Deepening shadows gather splendor as day is done
Fingers of night will soon surrender the setting sun
I count the moments darling till you're here with me
Together at last at twilight time

Here, in the afterglow of day, we keep our rendezvous beneath the blue
Here in the same and sweet old way, I fall in love again as I did then

Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me like days of old
Lighting the spark of love that fills me with dreams untold
Each day I pray for evening just to be with you

Here, in the afterglow of day, we keep our rendezvous beneath the blue
Here in the sweet and same old way, I fall in love again as I did then

Deep in the dark your kiss will thrill me like days of old
Lighting the spark of love that fills me with dreams untold
Each day I pray for evening just to be with you

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The show looks amazing. Can't wait to see what they do with it.

I also think WandaVision is going to kick off a new period for Marvel Studios. The drought of the pandemic is almost over and we'll be seeing new content on a fairly regular basis.

CRW

Agent
Real Name
Chris
Be curious to see to what extreme Marvel takes Wanda's reality shifting powers and how this series leads into the next Dr. Strange film. She's one of the MCU's most powerful characters and apparently using those powers to create a reality where she and Vision are happily married is intriguing. (Although as a native of Eastern Europe I wonder how she was able to see those vintage sit-coms. The Communist governments kept a tight control on broadcast media. Of course she was on the run and there's always Netflix or Nick.)

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Be curious to see to what extreme Marvel takes Wanda's reality shifting powers and how this series leads into the next Dr. Strange film. She's one of the MCU's most powerful characters and apparently using those powers to create a reality where she and Vision are happily married is intriguing. (Although as a native of Eastern Europe I wonder how she was able to see those vintage sit-coms. The Communist governments kept a tight control on broadcast media. Of course she was on the run and there's always Netflix or Nick.)

Isn't this the MCU, where Wanda and Quicksilver aren't Magneto's kids, but Hydra experiments?

As for "How it leads into" MCU's last ditch at a franchise reboot, I'm guessing that'll all be crammed into the last episode, with a few binge-addict hints here and there in the first few, among the low-hanging "Sitcom housewife and canned-laughtrack" jokes.
(And yes, I'm p'ed: NOBODY puts Laura Petrie in the same sentence as June Cleaver and Carol Brady, in my neighborhood... :angry: )

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Isn't this the MCU, where Wanda and Quicksilver aren't Magneto's kids, but Hydra experiments?

Yes.

MCU's last ditch at a franchise reboot

Huh? You've got to get your facts straight. There is nothing last-ditch about Doctor Strange 2. The first film made $676 million worldwide and then sold $58 million worth of discs.

All that was before the character appeared in a well-liked cameo in Thor Ragnarok; had a major role in Infinity War alongside the Avengers; and of course also appeared, albeit for less screen time, in Endgame, which is the biggest grossing film of all time. Plus, he's also going to be in the next Spider-Man, which is currently scheduled for release before his individual sequel. Assuming that the virus is taken care of and the box office has rebounded before the Strange sequel comes out, I don't see any reason to believe that it would be anything less than a huge success.

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
Huh? You've got to get your facts straight. There is nothing last-ditch about Doctor Strange 2. The first film made $676 million worldwide and then sold $58 million worth of discs.

I did: Marvel has been going through half a dozen ideas for how to reboot the mythical but still elusive "Phase IV" after losing three of its biggest stars in one movie alone.
Since they can't use Plan A, "Some of the heroes were really evil alien impostors", after Captain Marvel found out that Skrulls Love Their Children Too, they're trying Plan B, aka the JJ Abrams Star Trek Plan: "Things were different in alternate universes!"
That way, you can cast new actors, write in new events, pretty much ignore anything that happened in previous movies, and blue-sky in anything from any number of different print-canons, just like Sony's animated Spiderman did.

That's why Disney/Marvel's betting the farm on getting the Doc and Wanda together to play Sliders.
And if Plan B doesn't work...that could be a problem. Plan C mostly involves the female and B-characters, and trying to reboot some of the X-Men.

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I suspect the EW cover means that the show will premiere in December, as rumored.
Agreed. Although while nothing says that they can't run both at the same time, The Mandalorian ends on December 18 so they may just skip the holidays (and they already have Soul going up on December 25) and wait until early January to start WandaVision.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Agreed. Although while nothing says that they can't run both at the same time, The Mandalorian ends on December 18 so they may just skip the holidays (and they already have Soul going up on December 25) and wait until early January to start WandaVision.

Either way, it's fine with me. Like most of humanity, I'm writing off 2020. I'd be happy to see 2021 be "the year of Marvel," with WandaVision, Falcon and Winter Solider, Black Widow, Eternals, Shang-Chi, and whatever other Disney+ shows are ready to go (Loki? Hawkeye?).

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I would guess that they perhaps premiere WandaVision on the same day that The Baby Yoda Show ends. That way, people who signed up just for Star Wars will sample it before they cancel and then decide to stick around a while longer. I don't see it starting on Christmas because they will want all of their promotional muscle to go toward Soul then. So maybe January is likely.

I don't think they would want too much overlap between the two shows (except maybe one episode for the reason I speculated above) because they have so few originals available to them right now. It's better to stretch them out.

Last edited:

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Good.

I didn't actually have anything I'm looking forward to in January yet, so this will fit that bill nicely.

I was gonna say the same thing. They need a marqee title to keep people watching in January. This seems to fit the bill. Then, assuming Falcon and Winter Soldier is ready, that series can roll out. And who knows what after that.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Mid-January start is probably just about perfect for our kind (of obsessed HT enthusiasts :lol:), LOL!

There's usually not much going on by then, except the NFL postseason for some, but probably not too many NFL fans (remaining) here. I'm assuming the Super Bowl is still happening... not that I've bothered to pay attention in a long, long time...

Of course, many of us might still have huge backlogs of discs (and now iTunes digital purchases too!) to work thru, so... :lol:

:cheers:

_Man_

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks