What's new

Marvel's The Punisher Season 1 (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Starring:
  • Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle, reprising his role from the second season of the Netflix original series "Marvel’s Daredevil."
  • Deborah Ann Woll as Karen Page, also reprising her "Daredevil" role.
  • Ben Barnes as Billy Russo, Frank’s Castle’s best friend from his days in the Special Forces. He runs a successful private military corporation called "Anvil."
  • Ebon Moss-Bachrach as Micro, a former NSA analyst whose secrets may be of great value to Frank Castle and everyone around them.
  • Amber Rose Revah as Dinah Madani, a highly-trained sophisticated Homeland Security agent who is vexed by the Punisher.
  • Daniel Webber as Lewis Walcott, a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into Civilian Society.
  • Jason R. Moore as Curtis Hoyle, a friend of Frank Castle’s and one of the few people who knows he is alive.
  • Paul Schulze as Rawlins, a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan intersect with Frank Castle.
  • Jaime Ray Newman as Sarah Lieberman, Micro’s wife whose marriage has made her life far more complicated
  • Michael Nathanson as Sam Stein, a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah.
Steve Lightfoot (“Hannibal”) is serving as Executive Producer and Showrunner and has written the series’ first two episodes.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Yeah, I am concerned that much of it will be hard to watch.

Gotta remember, guys, at the end of the day what you are making should still be entertaining.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Whoa. This is going to be brutal. Love the song they used for the trailer.

I haven't watched any of the Marvel TV shows but I love The Punisher comic books when the correct writer is involved so I watched this commercial and I have to say that I was mightily impressed. They seem to capture what I consider to be the definitive take on the character.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
Yeah, I am concerned that much of it will be hard to watch.

Gotta remember, guys, at the end of the day what you are making should still be entertaining.

I don't consume art solely for entertainment: sometimes I am looking to be challenged or intellectually/emotionally stimulated. Often all of these intersect with being entertained--but not always.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I haven't watched any of the Marvel TV shows but I love The Punisher comic books when the correct writer is involved so I watched this commercial and I have to say that I was mightily impressed. They seem to capture what I consider to be the definitive take on the character.
Wow, I'm kind of surprise by that. I was the same until earlier this month and now I'm hooked on those shows.

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member
The Punisher character played by the same actor is introduced in Daredevil Season 2 and is a big part of that season . So you might want to start with Daredevil to get all of the storyline. The Punisher was not originally planned to have his own show by Netflix but he turned out so well in Daredevil they gave him his own show.
I loved Daredevil, The Defenders and Iron Fist. Really like Jessica Jones and am ok with Luke Cage. I like the character of Luke but enjoyed him more as a part of the other shows like Jessica Jones and The Defenders. For me the storyline jumped too much and wasn't very involving in Luke Cage. And it didn't have a strong enough main villain and even jumped with the Villains.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
We have only watched part of the Defenders. I think I've OD'd on superhero shows. My lack of interest in The Punisher is based on the brutality of the preview.
You can't possibly appreciate The Defenders if you haven't view Daredevil, Jessica Jones or Luke Cage prior to watching The Defenders. There are too many relationship and plot points in those shows that need to be experience before watching The Defenders.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
In the wake of Las Vegas, Netflix/Marvel has cancelled presentations of The Punisher at NYCC and in Paris.

I suspect that's probably for the best. It's certainly the most sensitive thing to do. I wonder if the premiere will be held back from Netflix as well. (It was rumored to be in November.)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I wonder if the premiere will be held back from Netflix as well. (It was rumored to be in November.)
Horrible as it sounds, November would be fine because the general public will have moved on to other horrors to be shocked and sickened by then. And if Netflix is waiting for a time when there's no mass shootings, I guess this will premiere on the 12th of Never.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
Exactly. Making a show where a mass shooter is the protagonist was never going to launch controversy-free.

sorry to say it's the way things are, but people don't have a problem with a serial killer, Dexter or Hannibal anyone..... anyone, and i wouldn't actually call Frank Castle a mass shooter, I think of him more in the frame of the Equalizer, or Gibson's Payback. Unfortunately he leaves a lot of a mess, doing his "clean-up job"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks