What's new

Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Volume 3 (1 Viewer)

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The ratings board has assigned a PG-13 rating because of course they did. I don't think Disney would be willing to release anything else. However, the rating reason is a little surprising (emphasis mine.)

MPAA said:
Rated PG-13 for intense sequences of violence and action, strong language, suggestive/drug references and thematic elements."

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
The ratings board has assigned a PG-13 rating because of course they did. I don't think Disney would be willing to release anything else. However, the rating reason is a little surprising (emphasis mine.)
Pretty much anything goes in PG-13 these days except sex/nudity, which makes the ratings board clutch their pearls.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
James Gunn has been talking about Volume 3 on Twitter. He says it will be around two and a half hours. I don't use Twitter anymore post-Elon Musk so won't them directly in this thread. But here is the Deadline story.

Given it’s the “final” film featuring this team, I’m fine with the runtime. Actually, I’m glad it’s not confined to around 2 hours. 😉

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Given it’s the “final” film featuring this team, I’m fine with the runtime.
I'm just glad that it isn't three hours and a half hours. :laugh: Gunn is a good enough filmmaker that when he says that there isn't any fat on the movie, I'll believe him. Since he's specifying that, I tend to think that he's aware of the modern day plague of overly long movies and he made sure that his movie doesn't suffer from that.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I'm just glad that it isn't three hours and a half hours. :laugh: Gunn is a good enough filmmaker that when he says that there isn't any fat on the movie, I'll believe him.
I would hesitate to believe a director when they say that. Many of them are so in love with their own brand that they're not impartial enough to make that judgement.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I would hesitate to believe a director when they say that. Many of them are so in love with their own brand that they're not impartial enough to make that judgement.
You may be right but since it is the end of Gunn's fairly long participation with Marvel and the Guardians characters that he popularized, I can see him needing a bit more time to wrap up their story. The sad thing is that a two and a half hour run time is borderline reasonable to me now. :laugh:

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
VbjRgG4LUhDgSBZsb9Zsh-1200-80.jpg.webp

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
As of when I'm writing this, the website for the Chinese Theatre In Hollywood currently has future showtimes listed for Volume 3. You can't purchase tickets right now, but it says, "Tickets available from Monday, 03 April 2023 06:00 AM (local)"

If they can sell tickets next Monday, then presumably all theaters will be able to sell tickets next Monday. So it seems like they just told us the ticket on sale date.

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Fandango has details about The Guardians of the Galaxy IMAX Marathon. The big news here is that it will take place on Wednesday, May 3. That is a day earlier than individual screenings of Vol. 3 start.

Fandango said:
"On Wednesday, May 3rd, fans can be among the first to see Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 by attending the “The IMAX Guardians of the Galaxy Marathon”. Come experience all 3 films back on the big screen in IMAX and receive an exclusive, commemorative poster & lanyard."

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Ticket sales are now live.

I just got mine for the evening of Thursday, May 4, blessedly with no technical issues.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Ticket sales are now live.

I just got mine for the evening of Thursday, May 4, blessedly with no technical issues.

No such luck here, yet. I'm not even trying for opening week for various reasons. The AMC website and app keep erroring out on me for May 14.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks