What's new

Marvel's GUARDIANS of the GALAXY Vol. 2: May 5th, 2017 (1 Viewer)

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Doug
Here's a better look at Kurt Russell's Ego character:

xD38R8O.jpg

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Full final trailer. It's gorgeous:

There is a shot at 1:41 that is among the most beautiful images I have ever seen in movies. It appears to be right out of an Al Williamson drawing, which James Gunn said he used for inspiration.

Last edited:

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Chris Pratt's head looks really weird in that poster. Which is too bad because the poster otherwise looks cool.

I'm wrestling with whether or not to watch this latest trailer. I'm already sold on the movie, so watching just means that more visuals and jokes won't be "fresh" when I see the actual movie.

It will likely show before at least one of the movies I see between now and then (Logan, Kong, BatB, Ghost in the Shell, etc...). So I'll probably wind up seeing it anyway.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Chris Pratt's head looks really weird in that poster. Which is too bad because the poster otherwise looks cool.

I'm wrestling with whether or not to watch this latest trailer. I'm already sold on the movie, so watching just means that more visuals and jokes won't be "fresh" when I see the actual movie.

If it helps your decision, James Gunn said on Twitter that most of what is in the trailer is from the first 15 minutes of the movie, so it doesn't give anything away.

Also, I thought Starlord was doing his dance moves in that poster.

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
Wow, what is the production budget for this one $800 million:D
Honestly, the first film is my favorite Marvel film(and that is saying a whole lot) and from the trailer I might like Vol.2 even more.
I'm so happy about this :rock:

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Is that a tentacled flying dick on the upper left hand side of the poster?

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
FYI, tickets are now onsale.

As with the previous film, the 3D conversion has been personally supervised by director James Gunn. The IMAX 3D version will include variable aspect ratios switching between 2.40:1 and 1.90:1; director Gunn supervised those transitions.

From Gunn's Facebook page:
Those who have followed me awhile know that IMAX is the optimal way to view a Guardians movie. I personally oversee the 3D, crafting every shot, and only in IMAX do we shift aspect ratios during big scenes so that you get nearly 30% more screen size than anywhere else. Unlike many other films today where screen size shifts and 3D are afterthoughts, we plan our aspect ratios during the script stage, and every single shot is tailored for 3D as we shoot it. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2 is designed to be a fully immersive experience to be seen IN theaters. I'm glad that we've been able to partner up with IMAX from the moment of its conception.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks