What's new

Marvel's GUARDIANS of the GALAXY Vol. 2: May 5th, 2017 (2 Viewers)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
They are going to use his script and then Feige tries to downplay Gunn's importance in fashioning that side of the MCU. What a fucking jerk-off. After that, Vol 3 will have to have a 90%+ audience approval rating before I bother going to see it.
I see nothing wrong with his following quote in which he should be labeled a jerk-off. People can take sides, but I'm not going to do so. I have enough trouble taking sides in my own conflicts.

His influence was Guardians. It was Guardians. It was his input on Guardians and the Avengers films, as you've seen in Infinity War, and on the Guardians 3 script, which we’re still using. So you'll see that influence. I think online, sort of the notion of ‘architect across multiple cosmic things’ was slightly blown out of proportion.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Ok. I may have jumped the gun with that off-the-cuff remark.

I'll probably still avoid the film. The policy of pillorying people for 10 and 20 year old comments and actions is out of control. Most of them probably don't even remember the incidents and probably feel embarassed when the stuff surfaces. People change over the years and holding a person responsible for stupid comments made decades ago is insane. There are exceptions such as harassment and sexual violence.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Ok. I may have jumped the gun with that off-the-cuff remark.

I'll probably still avoid the film. The policy of pillorying people for 10 and 20 year old comments and actions is out of control. Most of them probably don't even remember the incidents and probably feel embarassed when the stuff surfaces. People change over the years and holding a person responsible for stupid comments made decades ago is insane. There are exceptions such as harassment and sexual violence.
I agree with you there, but I'm still going to see this film.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
The policy of pillorying people for 10 and 20 year old comments and actions is out of control. Most of them probably don't even remember the incidents and probably feel embarassed when the stuff surfaces. People change over the years and holding a person responsible for stupid comments made decades ago is insane. There are exceptions such as harassment and sexual violence.

I agree with this, but to be fair, firing Gunn was not Feige's or Marvel's decision. It happened way up the food chain at Disney Studios (Chmn Alan Horn) and was signed off on by Disney CEO Bob Iger. There's really nothing Feige could have done about it, and indeed, reports last summer indicated that he tried to have Gunn reinstated. Now everyone is moving forward and Feige has to put the best face on the whole situation he can, which I think he did.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
According to Deadline, which confirmed the news with Gunn and with Disney, Alan Horn met with Gunn several times and it was Horn who decided to reverse the decision.

This is a huge relief for a movie I am very much looking forward to.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
200.gif

:laugh:

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I had a feeling that this was going to be the inevitable outcome. I’m glad.
I'm not sure Disney really had much choice if they wanted to salvage the GOTG franchise and preserve good feelings with the Marvel division.

Somewhere Tino's head is exploding. Didn't he say authoritatively, "no, no way, never, not in a million years," a few times? :D

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I was wondering why my Twitter was getting popped by an old tweet from Gunn of him showing the front page of his script.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
I was wondering why my Twitter was getting popped by an old tweet from Gunn of him showing the front page of his script.
Gotta watch out for those old tweets. :D

Loved the SNL sketch this past weekend: “This game is sponsored by Twitter,” host Keenan Thompson announced. “Twitter: one mistake, and we’ll kill you.”

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good for Disney for reversing course. They never should have fired him in the first place, but at least they made it right. Their itchy trigger finger on the firing got them a long delay. I think we can live with that. All's well that ends well.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
James Gunn has tweeted about his return -- which -- smartly -- is his first tweet since his apology when he was fired.

James Gunn said:
I am tremendously grateful to every single person out there who has supported me for the past few months. I am always learning and will continue to work at being the best human being I can be. I deeply appreciate Disney's decision and I am excited to continue making films that investigate the ties of love that bind us all. I have been, and continue to be incredibly humbled by your love and support. From the bottom of my heart, thank you. Love to you all.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks