What's new

Marvel's Defenders (Netflix) (1 Viewer)

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
I just have episodes 7 and 8 of the Defenders to watch and am enjoying the team up overall and think an 8-episode run may be for the best for all the series.

Being that Iron Fist / Danny is my least favorite character, it is kind of fun to see the others gang up on him or roll their eyes with some of his impetuous and petulant behavior / comments. Thirteen episodes of Iron Fist was difficult to watch in that regard, but he works better in the Defenders because his screen time is inherently limited. The writers also handle his character better by making it more clear that others find Danny just as annoying and perplexing, but also not without his strengths in a "Hulk smash" kind of way.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
I'm actually fine with that, especially since the various characters seem to be crossing over more in the post-Defenders seasons.

The problem with "The Defenders" is that all of the characters had to be watered down to a certain extent to exist in the same place. Jessica Jones had to be the shorthand version of Jessica Jones, etc.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I really enjoyed it though. It was a little more fun than the standalone series.

KevinGress

Supporting Actor
Krysten Ritter suggests Defenders Season 2 may not happen.

http://www.vulture.com/2018/03/jessica-jones-season-2-krysten-ritter-interview.html

Note to Netflix: Launching a show in August isn't the best way to get a big audience. Most of the world in on vacation in August.

The above is a very good interview with Ritter.

For me, the biggest problem was that it came right in the middle of Game of Thrones' season when things were getting epic and on par with theatrical releases. I mean, The Defenders was SUPPOSED to be The Avengers for the Netflix Marvel shows and the quality paled so much in relation to GoT that it took me a couple of weeks to get back into it after I watched a couple of episodes.

I'd like to see The Defenders get another crack at it - if not a season, at least a 2 hr movie, but whoever backs it, please, PLEASE, invest some money into it and make it the event that it should be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks