What's new

Disney+ Black Widow (2021) (1 Viewer)

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Perhaps with the stay at home orders coming in from different localities, it’s simply taking longer for these processes to play out as offices are not fully staffed and that officially announcing these things isn’t anyone’s top priority.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
My work is still going on, but they have told us to take breaks at different times with only a few at a time, so there aren’t too many people in the break room at the same time. Though my boss said today that “there’s another tidbit that I can’t tell you about yet but it won’t affect anyone’s pay.” Curious to see what that could mean.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Obviously, I hope we can all enjoy Black Widow in the movie theater as soon as it is safely possible to do so. But, once it's safe to go to the movies again, the studios are going to have a scheduling nightmare on their hands. There are now so many big films ready to go that are being pushed that I don't envy distribution executives the challenge of figuring out where to put them all so that they don't all release at the exact same time and cannibalize each other. I also think this is likely to have a long-term effect on the schedule, as things that were supposed to be released now (hopefully) end up releasing at the end of the year, which would then push films on the end of this year's schedule into 2021 and so on. Depending on how long this goes, I wouldn't be surprised to see Black Widow end up in The Eternals spot in November, which would then push Eternals back to 2021, and probably push their 2021 releases which are having filming disrupted back as well.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I seriously wonder about how many people will feel comfortable going to a jam packed theater after being in isolation for a period of time and effectively being trained that crowds are potentially deadly for your health.

Such strange times.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I think the desire to go out and socialize will outweigh those fears -- but only if the theaters actually stay closed until health officials confirm that the virus has subsided and we are safe to go out again. If any of the chains try to reopen sooner than they have the governmental all clear, then that could be a major problem. I want to go out to the theater again, but only when it is safe to do so.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
What I meant was, when I'm told by health officials that it's fine, that's all I'm going to need. I'll be there as soon as it's safe and the studios start putting out new stuff again.

But if they try to jump the gun and reopen before this has ebbed, then that's a dealbreaker.

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
100% agree. I would go right now if they told me it was safe, but I'm with you. I don't want to come within 100 ft. of anyone until the experts tell us it's safe to do so.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Although I agree that that is not a huge surprise, I'm surprised that Kevin Feige let her say that since they are usually pretty tight-lipped about future developments at Marvel and she must be under an NDA.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
There are no confirmed details yet. However, to no surprise at all, Variety is reporting that Black Widow is likely to move again.

The indication that Soul could be moved to Disney+ suggests that Disney is not ready to do that for an MCU title yet and will opt for another theatrical delay instead.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

holtge

Screenwriter
Real Name
Gordon Holt
Black Widow now moves to May 2021, with the other Disney MCU films being pushed back as well accordingly.

Can't say I'm surprised. Probably not a bad move. Gives all the films coming behind it more time to be filmed, produced, post-produced, and released. What's odd though is that 2020 will be the first year since 2009 that Marvel Studios didn't release a film.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
What's odd though is that 2020 will be the first year since 2009 that Marvel Studios didn't release a film.

That is due to circumstances beyond their control and we knew it was coming.

But we are still getting WandaVision this year, so that's still new MCU content to keep people engaged.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks