What's new

Marvel Cinematic Universe on Disney+ - General Discussion (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Word is that Evan Peters will be in WandaVision in a significant way. You'll all remember that Peters played Quicksilver in Fox's X-Men movies, and was one of the best things about the films he was in. Of course, no mention is made whether he will be playing the same character.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Of course, no mention is made whether he will be playing the same character.

I highly doubt it. I mean, technically they might be able to do that because it appears that WandaVision will have something to do with the multiverse, but I really doubt it. Even though Peters was good in the role, I think Disney will want to distance whatever they are going to do with the X-Men from what Fox did, and returning one of the actors would be a very direct link to the past. So I suspect they'll just wipe that particular slate clean and use Evan Peters as a new character. Even if it was going to be Quicksilver, that wouldn't really mean anything to Wanda. She is bonded to the version of Quicksilver played by Aaron Taylor-Johnson who died in Age of Ultron, not the version of him played by Peters.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I agree. Pretty sure they’d have to give a credit to the writers of the Fox films if they used that character, which is something I cannot see happening.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yes.

Also, as we know, Evan Peters is a terrific actor, so they should want him in the MCU regardless of his connection to the previous X-Men series. Giving him a new role certainly provides the opportunity to use him in a much more long-term and meaningful way than a return as Quicksilver would.

Belated edit only to correct a typo.

Last edited:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
From the Fall 2020 programming press release Disney+ put out today:

With the first anniversary of Disney+ on November 12, the service will kick off its second year with even more original entertainment premiering in late 2020 including, but not limited to: “Black Beauty,” a contemporary film adaptation of the classic story starring Mackenzie Foy, Iain Glen and Claire Forlani and the voice of Kate Winslet, “Inside Pixar,” a never-before-seen look into Pixar Animation Studios’ creative process, “On Pointe,” an original docu-series about students of the School of American Ballet and “The Nutcracker” performance at Lincoln Center, and “WandaVision,” the upcoming original series from Marvel Studios.​

So it sure sounds like Disney+ is sticking with the December 2020 rollout, with "WandaVision" effectively leapfrogging "Falcon & The Winter Soldier" on the schedule.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
So it sure sounds like Disney+ is sticking with the December 2020 rollout, with "WandaVision" effectively leapfrogging "Falcon & The Winter Soldier" on the schedule.

I think WandaVision was farther along before COVID, which allowed them to be able to go first. I'm delighted that we will still get some MCU content this year, since I wasn't sure we would, and can't wait to watch that.

I suspect that it will probably start after season 2 of The Baby Yoda Show wraps up.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Trailer:

and artwork from Disney+ social media:

WandaVision.jpg

Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is a situation where the existence of Disney+ is going to be a real benefit for the storytelling. I don't think it would be possible to get this weird with a big-budget theatrical feature where the aim is to make close to a billion dollars. Nor would they have been able to do this on a network television budget like ABC with SHIELD. This is taking advantage of a platform they didn't have before to be able to take different kinds of risks, and that is very exciting.

I'm also glad the show is going to address directly how this is even happening with regard to Vision's fate in infinity War, rather than tiptoeing around it.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
From the Fall 2020 programming press release Disney+ put out today:

With the first anniversary of Disney+ on November 12, the service will kick off its second year with even more original entertainment premiering in late 2020 including, but not limited to: “Black Beauty,” a contemporary film adaptation of the classic story starring Mackenzie Foy, Iain Glen and Claire Forlani and the voice of Kate Winslet, “Inside Pixar,” a never-before-seen look into Pixar Animation Studios’ creative process, “On Pointe,” an original docu-series about students of the School of American Ballet and “The Nutcracker” performance at Lincoln Center, and “WandaVision,” the upcoming original series from Marvel Studios.​

There is speculation that there may be some aspect of Falcon and the Winter Soldier that acknowledges or follows up on something from Black Widow. If so, it’s likely that Marvel won’t want the series to play until Black Widow has been released.

Maybe, maybe not. But Widow was intended to be seen in May with Falcon and the Winter Soldier playing in August. So it is a possibility that until they are certain about Black Widow’s release they can’t lock in a release date for Falcon and Winter Soldier.

If BW were to make the early November release it would be possible to release F&WS before the end of the year, but that seems very unlikely. They‘ve been removing the release date from some of their promotional stuff already, so I think an official announcement of another delay is incoming.

Anyway, here is cool photo of Bucky from the set of the recent restart of filming.
1600666153945.jpeg

Attachments

• 1600666055608.jpeg
    1600666055608.jpeg
    242.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Good.

First of all, they shouldn't rush to get something on the air. I'd rather wait and have it be as good as possible.

Second, especially because Disney+ usually does not do the bingeing model where all episodes get dropped at once, it would not make sense for them to have two MCU series running new episodes simultaneously. If WandaVision is coming this year, it doesn't make any sense to crunch anything else in the same window.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
This is confirmation of a story that was rumored at least a year or two ago. That's great to see! Just yesterday, my son was saying how Nick Fury should have more to do in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
This is confirmation of a story that was rumored at least a year or two ago. That's great to see! Just yesterday, my son was saying how Nick Fury should have more to do in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Yes, this likely will involve S.W.O.R.D. Also rumored to tie into “Secret Invasion” which is rumored to also play out in Captain Marvel 2.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks