What's new

MARVEL is bringing four new live-action shows to Netflix leading to a "Defenders event" (1 Viewer)

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
These days, Jones basically only exists to fight and make up with Luke Cage. Seriously, every issue they are alternatively on the verge of divorce ("I can't take any more of this, Luke! You've changed!) and getting back together ("this is the man I fell in love with!"). There is lots of Luke Cage yelling about how he can't change who he is.

Seriously, it's like a computer program writes for Cage and Jones.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Ah, ok. Doesn't sound too enticing on the surface. Hopefully they have an idea for a take on the character and story that is more interesting. I would imagine so, since they are doing the 13 episode miniseries. I don't know much about Cage either, other than he is a big strong dude. Know nothing about Iron Fist either. Are Cage and Iron First the two that have the "Heroes for Hire" business?I'm getting the impression that the "Defenders" miniseries they are doing is more of a take on "Marvel Knights" with Daredevil, Cage, Punisher, Ghost Rider instead of the Defenders with Dr.Strange, Hulk, Submariner, etc... But maybe they'll still bring in element of those guys?Either way, Strange will definitely be a Phase 3 movie, and MARVEL Studios really needs to do another Hulk film as well.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, Cage (Power Man) and Danny Rand (Iron Fist) were the Heroes for Hire. I don't think they were involved with the last group of that name, but I think they're supposedly getting the band back together soon.

I think Cage has indestructible skin and that's it. Maybe he has super strength. Rand is a master martial artist with mystical powers that mainly involve flaming fists or something. :)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Deadline: Marvel's 'Agent Carter' series development moving forwardCaptain America: The First Avenger's Christopher Markus and Stephen McFeely wrote the pilot script, and "Reaper" creators Tara Butters and Michele Fazekas would be the showrunners if a pilot is ordered. Hayley Atwell would reprise her role as the title character.This is the Marvel TV project I'm most excited about. I loved Markus & McFeely's screenplay for the first Captain America, and I really enjoyed "Reaper" when it was on the CW.If ABC does order it to series, I'd almost prefer it take the "Sleepy Hollow" production model with shorter seasons with lots of lead time between filming and airing.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
I'd love to see more of Agent Carter. I think a late 40's setting with her, Howard Stark and Dum Dum Doogan would be great.

Chip_HT

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chip
While I like the idea of an Agent Carter series, based on the one-shot, I'm not sure how it would be any different than just 1940's Marvel's Agents of SHIELD.

Then again, I guess that's a more creative spinoff than just changing the city.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Lots of chatter on this, coming on the heels of Wright's departure from Ant Man, but I don't think there's anything troublesome here. Goddard got a deal to write and direct a feature; of course he's going to do that. He is still involved as a producer, so I think things will be okay with this.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Wright's departure is very troubling to me. This is not troubling at all. If anything, the Daredevil character is more suited to DeKnight's sensibilities than Goddard's. DeKnight also has experience writing superheroes for television, having written 15 episodes of "Smallville" toward the end of Millar & Gough's tenure as showrunners.I think a lot of the chatter comes from Latino Review's original story on this, which linked Goddard's departure with Wright's and made no mention that Goddard would continue to be credited as executive producer nor that he was writing the Sinister Six spin-off for Sony.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Yes, I don't see any "pattern" here to get concerned about. Seems like the two departures are two completely different circumstances. DeKnight also worked with Whedon on Buffy and Angel. I think they'll be fine with him as show runner.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Like everyone on Boardwalk Empire, he was great. While I wouldn't have thought of him as Daredevil, his BE character could be a tough & violent guy towards gangsters but he was also tender to non-gangsters. I would assume that that's something that Marvel will want to do with Daredevil too.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Vincent D’Onofrio has joined “Marvel’s Daredevil,” an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015. Best known for his critically-lauded work in “Law & Order: Criminal Intent,” “Men in Black, “Full Metal Jacket” and “Homicide,” D’Onofrio will play Wilson Fisk, a powerful businessman whose interests in the future of Hell’s Kitchen will bring him into conflict with the blind attorney Matt Murdock and his alter ego Daredevil.
image.jpg
http://marvel.com/news/tv/2014/6/10/22659/vincent_donofrio_is_wilson_fisk_on_marvels_daredevil_on_netflix

Ejanss

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
EricJ
I didn't think anyone COULD replace Michael Clarke Duncan as the Kingpin (not even John Rhys-Davies in the 80's TV-movie), but Pvt. Pyle could do it.
He's got the bulk, and brings a little extra crazy to it.
Adam Lenhardt said:
Goddard wrote the first two episodes of the series before departing the project to shepard Sony's Sinister Six spin-off of the Amazing Spider-Man movies.
(Well, this was an old post from May...) ;)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
Scott Glenn is Stick!
Marvel and Netflix are proud to announce that acclaimed actor Scott Glenn has joined "Marvel's Daredevil," an all-new 13-episode series premiering on Netflix in 2015.Best known for his work in blockbuster films such as "The Bourne Ultimatum," "Silence of The Lambs" and "The Hunt For Red October," Scott Glenn will play Stick, the mysterious martial artist and mentor of Matt Murdock (a.k.a. Daredevil).Scott Glenn joins Charlie Cox (Matt Murdock), Deborah Ann Woll (Karen Page), Elden Henson (Foggy Nelson), with Rosario Dawson and Vincent D'Onofrio (Wilson Fisk) in the critically-lauded cast of "Marvel's Daredevil.""Stick is one of the most important figures in Matt Murdock's life and Scott Glenn embodies all the qualities of someone so integral to this hero's journey," said Jeph Loeb, Marvel's Head of Television. "There are few actors who could bring such the authenticity, gravitas and charisma to such a key role in Matt's journey to become the super hero we call Daredevil."

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks