Marvel Heroclix: Crack for geeks.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Craig A, Jul 30, 2002.

1. Craig A

Craig A Stunt Coordinator

Quick, give my girlfriend power of attorney over my bank accounts! The lure of the booster pack is too strong...
    http://www.heroclix.com
    Kind of like Risk, but with comic book characters possessing different powers and abilities that fight each other. Over 150 different figures to collect. Right now it's Marvel characters, but DC figures are coming soon. It's very fun. It's pure evil.

2. Joel Mack

Joel Mack Cinematographer

3. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

Hehe...I'm looking into getting some of the Marvel Heroclix figures. I'm sure it will start innocent enough with a starter and a couple boosters....then another....then another. [​IMG]
    Damn, Nightcrawler is going for about $30 US on eBay! That's the one I really want.

4. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

Yeah, I have a bunch of geeky friends that are all over these... I don't see the draw myself [​IMG]

5. Cam S

Cam S Screenwriter

What the hell are these about? I can't seem to figure it out. Maybe my geek factor isn't up to standards.

6. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

Behold, as I resurrect this dead thread!!

HeroClix freaking rules. I have gotten a whole group of students at my college into it, some of them even grad students like myself. My personal influence has netted WizKids Games something like $500 in income, for which they should give me free stuff.

The new expansion set, X-plosion, comes out tomorrow! I must have Iron Man!

Anyone into trading online?

7. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

I bought a starter and a couple of boosters when this first came out, thinking my brother and nephew might get into it. Well, that didn't happen. Thankfully I did not allow myself to get sucked in beyond that marginal initial investment. I can't remember all the figures I've got, but I do know I have a Vision - opened, but never played. I wouldn't be looking to trade, but if you wanted to buy just let me know and we can work something I'm sure.

8. Jeremy Allin

Jeremy Allin Supporting Actor

James,
    I'd be interested to know which figures you got.
    I'm certainly looking forward to Xplosion. I got into Heroclix a couple months ago and have about 50 or 60 figures I believe. There's a small tournament coming up at a store (Wizkids sanctioned) that requires everyone to buy 3 boosters of Xplosion, then create your team from those figures you get. Should be cool.
    If anyone has a Nightcrawler (from Clobberin' Time expansion) they're willing to part with, let me know! [​IMG]

9. James_Kiang

James_Kiang Screenwriter

Jeremy -

I'll check my figures when I get home. If I can, I'll post it tonight; otherwise, it will be tomorrow.