What's new

Marvel Comic version of Stephen King's The Dark Tower (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I just got an e-mail from stephenking.com announcing an ongoing comic series chronicling the younger years of Roland's life. It will be written by King and illustrated by Jae Lee. The first issue will hit in April of next year, with a "premium hardcover collection" of the first six issues to be released Christmas 2006.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Might be interesting. They seem to be adapting the artwork that was featured in the original novels.

I still have to pick up the last few books, I haven't read past "The Wizard and the Glass".

DanielKellmii

Supporting Actor
Pick up the last few books, they are a lot of fun. I listened to the first few books on my way to work. They make great audio books. Great stuff when I am behind an overturned tanker.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
So this is the "King" project that Quesada was teasing. Can't say that I'm too surprised, but I definitely like the idea of Jae Lee drawing the series. Better to have the project start delayed and then shipping on time than to have long delays between issues (SECRET WAR-I'm looking at you now...)

Andy Sheets

Senior HTF Member
The main problem with this is that it's not actually being written by King. King is contributing some conceptual and plotting ideas but Quesada is currently being listed as the writer.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Actually, I don't think any scripter has been listed or announced yet. King is currently "Executive Editor", but I think the delay actually would seem to indicate that he is going to be fairly hands-on for this project, as opposed to just lending his name like, say, Tom Clancy did with the Op-Center novels.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks