Marvel Cinematic Universe (Spoilers discussed for All Films -- Please Read First Post)

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
According to the first trailer for Morbius, that is already happening whether Disney likes it or not. I really don't like the idea, and I have no interest in seeing the movie. But the trailer includes a reference to Spider-Man being a murderer, and and an appearance by Michael Keaton reprising his role from Homecoming.
Yep. This is, and will be, a thing.

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is, and will be, a thing.
As long as I can ignore the Sony films like I ignore Agents of SHIELD, then whatever. But if the Sony films start spilling over into the Disney MCU, then I think they have a serious problem there because they've allowed their airtight quality control to be threatened by association with movies that they aren't in charge of and therefore can't maintain said quality. The average moviegoer won't understand that Marvel didn't make Morbius, so if it's bad, that will reflect poorly on Marvel even though they didn't have anything to do with its production.

Josh Steinberg

Film Editor
Reviewer
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I haven't listened to all of them, but James Gunn and the Russos/Markus and McFeely are very informative and interesting on their films. I'd definitely check those out.

I would also really like to hear from Jon Watts on Far From Home in particular. You can't because he didn't record one. But I wish he had, since that is one of my personal favorites and I feel like there would have been a lot to discuss there.
Follow up question - which titles had digital exclusives? I’ve got all my digital copies redeemed but haven’t watched any of them either.

Reactions: Jake Lipson

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Follow up question - which titles had digital exclusives?
This is off the top of my head and not meant to be a complete list by any standard...

Guardians Vol. 2 included several visual effects scene breakdowns and a behind-the-scenes featurette about the Guardians ride at Disney World, which retrofitted the old Tower of Terror with a Guardians theme. I thought the scene breakdowns were really interesting and better than some of the stuff that made the actual disc. I would not be surprised if every Disney release after Guardians 2 had some sort of digital exclusive on it, but I wouldn't swear to it. 2017 seems to be around the time they got into the habit of doing digital exclusives regularly.

Infinity War had a director's roundtable featuring several different Marvel directors discussing their various different approaches and the unique process of sharing characters across different films with different filmmakers. It includes Jon Favreau, the Russos, James Gunn, Peyton Reed, Ryan Coogler and a remote appearance by Taika Waititi. This is one of the best supplements I've ever seen on a Marvel release, so you should definitely look for that. Its absence from the disc is a real shame.

Endgame had a digital-only exclusive EPK type featurette looking back on the relationship between Steve and Peggy that isn't much. Of course, Endgame also has more extras including additional deleted scenes which are exclusive to Disney+ and not included with any purchase of the movie at all. Unfortunately, I think this is going to become more common as Disney seeks to push customers over to the streaming service where they can collect a monthly fee rather than just selling a movie to you one time.

Also, the Hulk-centric deleted scene that was tagged on the end of the credits for the re-expansion with bonus footage is not on the home release at all. I'm not sure if they put that one on Disney+ or not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Josh Steinberg

Jake Lipson

Executive Producer
Premium
Real Name
Jake Lipson
This is crazy (in a weird-but-interesting kind of way, not a mentally-disturbed kind of way.)

Someone spent their quarantine figuring out the chronological order of the entire MCU movie timeline by scene.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
This is crazy (in a weird-but-interesting kind of way, not a mentally-disturbed kind of way.)

Someone spent their quarantine figuring out the chronological order of the entire MCU movie timeline by scene.

I'd watch it if Disney put out that version! :D

TravisR

Studio Mogul
Senior HTF Member
I remember when Lost fans did a similar thing with putting it all in chronological order and while it's interesting as a curiosity, it mostly ruins the flow of the individual movies. Watching the second post-credits scene of Captain Marvel or the first shot of Iron Man 3 or 6 seconds(!) of Avengers: Endgame in between chunks of other movies isn't exactly smooth storytelling.

• Agreed
Reactions: Jake Lipson

Sam Favate

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate

Pfft! The guy didn't even include the Marvel One-Shots!

Friggin' amateur.

Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Senior HTF Member
I remember when Lost fans did a similar thing with putting it all in chronological order and while it's interesting as a curiosity, it mostly ruins the flow of the individual movies. Watching the second post-credits scene of Captain Marvel or the first shot of Iron Man 3 or 6 seconds(!) of Avengers: Endgame in between chunks of other movies isn't exactly smooth storytelling.
Oh, of course it'd be a complete disaster as a narrative experience.

It'd still be fun... once! :D

Reactions: TravisR

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
I'm just joining this thread. I'll confess that I read a bunch of posts on page 1, then skipped to the last few pages. With apologies to the folks here that have been posting here since before the release of Endgame, I'm not sure that there will be much point in replying to specific posts. I will however, post my ranking of the MCU films, something I've not really thought about for the last couple of years. But I'll need to give it a bit of thought. So I'll do that, and present my list in another post.

jayembee

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry
OK, here goes. Chances are, the list will change (in my head) an hour from now. In descending order:

Black Panther
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Thor: Ragnarok
Avengers: Infinity War
Avengers: Endgame
Guardians of the Galaxy
The Avengers
Iron Man
Spider-Man: Homecoming
Captain America: The First Avenger
Captain America: Civil War
Ant-Man