What's new

Marvel’s Cloak And Dagger (Freeform) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
The latest reports indicate that shooting will begin in New Orleans sometime in mid-February. Casting is currently underway. The budget is apparently roughly the same as the budget for the Marvel Netflix series.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
'Marvel's Cloak & Dagger' Casts Its Leads

Disney starlet Olivia Holt (Girl vs. Monster, "Kickin' It", "I Didn't Do It") will star as Tandy Bowen, a.k.a. Dagger. Aubrey Joseph (Run All Night, "The Night Of") will play Tyrone Johnson, a.k.a. Cloak.

If they were going to go Disney, I was rooting for Dove Cameron, who is the most talented of Disney's current high school-age blonde roster. But unlike some of the other names bandied about, Holt at least looks the part. I'm not familiar with Joseph at all.
C&D_S01_001.jpg

Series Synopsis said:
“Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” is a coming-of-age series based on the beloved Marvel characters. Tandy Bowen and Tyrone Johnson come from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul.

Once a privileged little girl, Tandy Bowen watched as her family was destroyed by a disastrous storm that uprooted her life. Now in her late teens, an unexpected encounter with a boy named Tyrone sparks a life changing event.

Young Tyrone Johnson wanted nothing more than to prove he was fearless. But when everything he held close was taken away, life taught Tyrone to be afraid. Now older and more sheltered, Tyrone closes himself off. But when he meets a girl named Tandy his life changes forever.

The series is a co-production of Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios. Freeform is targeting an early 2018 debut for the show.

gadgtfreek

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Cool, I actually have Freeform in HD on Mediacom, will have to check it out.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
More casting:
  • Andrea Roth (“Rescue Me,” “Blue Bloods”) will portray Melissa Bowen, Tandy’s mom, who is the eternal optimist despite the struggles to adapt to her new existence. While complex and emotionally composed, her love for her daughter burns bright.
    http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0005349/?ref_=nv_sr_1
  • Gloria Reuben (“ER,” “Mr. Robot”) joins the cast as Tyrone’s mother, Adina Johnson. Mrs. Johnson invests every aspect of her being into giving her son the life she believes he deserves. But she props up and protects Tyrone so much she almost forgets to love him.

• Miles Mussenden (“Bloodline,” “Queen Sugar”) will star as Tyrone’s father, Michael Johnson, who trudges through his desk job to keep his family safe and happy. Mr. Johnson is a working class father does what he can to ensure his son will grow up to be a great man.

• Carl Lundstedt (“Grey’s Anatomy,” “Conviction”) will play Liam, a salt-of-the-earth townie who operates as Tandy’s partner in crime while moonlighting as her boyfriend. . But underneath his rough-around-the-edges appearance, Liam has big dreams.

• Portrayed by James Saito (Life of Pi, The Devil’s Advocate, “Eli Stone”), Dr. Bernard Sanjo has been an emotional cornerstone in Tyrone’s life; they have a most unusual relationship.

• J.D. Evermore (“Treme,” “True Detective,” “The Walking Dead,” “Rectify”) will take the part of Detective Connors, who is a contradiction of a man, embracing an intimidating persona that overcompensates for a secret he keeps close to the vest.
“Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” is a coming-of-age series based on the beloved comic characters. Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph,) come from starkly different backgrounds, each growing up with a secret they never dared share with another soul. The series is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios. Joe Pokaski (“Underground,” “Heroes”) will serve as showrunner and executive producer, Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s Luke Cage,” “Marvel’s Iron Fist”), Marvel’s Head of Television and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s Luke Cage,” “Marvel’s Iron Fist”)will also serve as executive producers. Gina Prince-Bythewood (“Love & Basketball”) is set to direct the first episode.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Did they ever do a reboot of this in comics? I don't think this whole concept has really aged well.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Looks better than I expected. I really like how they concentrated on the other aspects of the characters -- Tyrone's traumatic childhood encounter with the police, Tandy's privileged upbringing -- and gave insight into their lives as people, only revealing the superpowers in the final third of the trailer. Once the reveal happens, we see a shift into the more traditional superhero movie framing.

I like that they're using simple techniques to portray Tandy's powers, since it means they likely won't have to be quite as stingy with them. I also thought they did a good job with Tyrone's cloak, allowing it to billow in a suitably cinematic way.

I saw two possibilities for where they got their powers in that trailer, one that tracks with their main origin story from the comics and one that seems completely new.

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
The link above doesn't work in Canada, so here's the trailer from the official Marvel site:

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Kind of a weird network. They run a lot of old syndicated stuff and loads of infomercials, but occasionally there is a jewel in there somewhere :oops:

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
"Marvel's Cloak & Dagger" will premiere Thursday, June 7th at 8/7c.

Freeform Press Release said:
FREEFORM RELEASES NEW FOOTAGE OF HIGHLY-ANTICIPATED SERIES “MARVEL’S CLOAK & DAGGER” AND ANNOUNCES TWO HOUR PREMIERE SET FOR JUNE 7 – CLICK HERE TO VIEW

“Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” is the story of Tandy Bowen (Olivia Holt) and Tyrone Johnson (Aubrey Joseph) – two teenagers from very different backgrounds, who find themselves burdened and awakened to newly acquired superpowers which are mysteriously linked to one another. Tandy can emit light daggers and Tyrone has the ability to engulf others in darkness. They quickly learn they are better together than apart, but their feelings for each other make their already complicated world even more challenging. “Marvel’s Cloak & Dagger” stars Olivia Holt, Aubrey Joseph, Andrea Roth, Gloria Reuben, Miles Mussenden, Carl Lundstedt, Emma Lahana, Jaime Zevallos, and J.D. Evermore. The series will premiere on Thursday, June 7 (8:00 – 10:00 p.m. EDT/PDT) and is co-produced by Marvel Television and ABC Signature Studios. Joe Pokaski (“Underground,” “Heroes”) serves as showrunner and executive producer; Jeph Loeb (“Marvel’s The Punisher,” “Marvel’s The Defenders”), Marvel’s head of Television, and Jim Chory (“Marvel’s The Punisher,” “Marvel’s The Defenders”) also serve as executive producers. Gina Prince-Bythewood (“Love & Basketball”) directed the first episode.

New sneak peak:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks