What's new

MartinLogan Descent vs SVS (1 Viewer)

Andy_Hamric

Stunt Coordinator
I'm purchasing a Martin Logan Descent subwoofer from a friend. I had previously thought almost exclusively about SVS, but my friend's offer was too good to pass up.

What in the SVS line is comparable to the Martin Logan? What would be considered an upgrade?

Thanks!

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I have heard the Martin Logan sub in a high end store (well treated room) and it is indeed excellent. Congrats. Although I own an SVS, I can't answer your question- never heard side by side.

Robert Cowan

Supporting Actor
i personally have the exact opposite reaction regarding the martin logan.

i thought it was one of the worst subs i had ever heard. it wasnt able to keep up with HT duties, and was far too weak for heavier bass. even with a stand-up bass or a good kick drum, it fell flat on its face.

Shane Morales

Second Unit
Holy cow, it must have been broken or something. I spent some time with a Descent and it kicked some kind of fierce ass, it did. Just awesome. Beautiful sub.

I have an SVS, too, but it's one of the smaller ones. I haven't heard any of the more powerful SVSs so I can't really comment on how it compares.

Frank Carter

Screenwriter

The Descent is a very good sub and has an excellent size/performance ratio. If you want something from SVS to compete I'd probably say dual 25-31PCi's or the PB1-ISD would be a close match. If you want to beat it, I'd say go with the PB2-Plus.

BTW, if it matters to you I sell the Martin Logan and I've had a few SVS' in my system.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks