Martina McBride Videos DVD. How is the 5.1?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by T r o y, Mar 31, 2002.

1. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

I'm taking a chance there is at least 1 country music fan on this forum, So here goes.

I'd like to know how the 5.1 Dolby Digital track sounds on Martina McBride's Greatest Hits Videography DVD? So if there are any country fans out there and you have this DVD, please comment and let me know how these videos sound in surround sound. Thanks so much.

T r o y

2. Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan Stunt Coordinator

This is a great set, I was very impressed with the 5.1 sound, there isn't any very obvious seperation from the rear chanels, but the sound is there, and the mains and center have a lot of stereo seperation. It all gives it a very enveloping feeling, like she is in the room, pretty good bass too, also the stereo track isn't bad either, but I prefer the 5.1 , the video is great , I very very suprised by this, seeing as though this is was music videos, but the color is great, and the picture is sharp as a tack, through in a couple of cool features( including interviews by Martina on almost every song, and a pretty good dicography) and great pictures of martina on every menu, and you can't miss. I was very impressed ny this DVD. See there are country fans on this forum.

Derek Duncan

3. Derek Duncan

Derek Duncan Stunt Coordinator

Wow, I made some very bad spelling errors on that post.

4. DaveJWilliams

DaveJWilliams Auditioning

I agree with the other statement. The disc picture quality is excellent and the sound is very good as well. I do see some songs as better sounding than other (ie, Safe in the Arms of Love) and the LFE channel on Wild Angels is right down there at the start. I wish I could find some other Country music video DVD's that are this good. Does anyone else have any other Country Music DVD's that they reccommend?

Dave J. Williams

5. T r o y

T r o y Supporting Actor

Derek and Dave,
    Appreciate both your inputs on this great DVD from Martina. I can hardly wait to go pick it up now. I'm stoked [​IMG] !!
    Like Dave said, if anyone else has any other country music artists video DVD's or concert DVD's please post here and let us know your thoughts on them.
    Thanks again guys!
    Troy