Martin Logan vs Paradigm vs Joseph Audio

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Daryn D, May 1, 2004.

1. Daryn D

Daryn D Agent

I have been auditioning upgrades for my fronts and these are my final three (at the moment)

Martin Logan Montage
    Paradigm Signature 2
    Joseph Audio RM7si Signature Mk2

I have not been able to A-B these three and so I am looking for your opinions/experiences.

I found the ML's to be very smooth, great detail and soundstage, a bit weak on bass. I was listening to a jazz cd, talking easily with a soundtech. Then we switched directly to a Boston Acoustics, I forget which model, but it was one of their higher end models. The Boston Acoustics immediately felt harsh and in my face and I could no longer converse comfortably with the tech dude.

With Paradigm, I went in to audition the Studio's and did just that. I really liked the Studio 60's. The Signature 2's however blew them away, much better sound reproduction, amazing clarity and really decent base for its size. I forgot I was auditioning and just sat there smiling.

Joseph Audio, like the Signatures had an amazing clarity, fantastic soundstage perhaps better bass than the 'digms but I couldn't A-B them.

So, any input? As far as looks go, the Signatures look the best IMHO. Also, any suggestions on other speakers to audition (I've already ruled out B&W, sound good, but can't deal with the cyclops)

2. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    I A-B'ed the S2 and the RM7si. For the price, I felt the 7si was the better speaker, not to mention they are slighly less expensive than the S2, though the S2s have some very nice looking cabinets and sound great.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/htfo...ight=signature

3. Daryn D

Daryn D Agent

Thanks John