Martin Logan users?

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Bob_S, Mar 27, 2004.

1. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

Hi, I'm thinking about upgrading to Martin Logan Aeon I. I know that I'll be able to afford the speakers but my concern is that I won't be able to power it. Right now I'm looking at all Rotel. Rotel RC-1090 , Rotel RB-1070, Rotel RCD-1072, and a Rotel RDV-1050. Is this a good matchup or are there better matches for ML speakers? I figured that I cn afford what I listed but not much more. Thanks
    Bob

2. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

No ML users here?

3. EdNichols

EdNichols Second Unit

4. Bob_S

Bob_S Stunt Coordinator

hey thanks for the link

5. Jeff Aguilar

Jeff Aguilar Stunt Coordinator

Jeff
    I run the Martin Logan Aerius i's with Parasound 855's and I also use a Cayin TA-30 tube amp. Those amps push the speakers really well.

Jeff

6. John Prator

John Prator Stunt Coordinator

Hi Bob,
    I have the ML Aeon's(and also the Odyssey's)and I absolutely love them. Used to have Maggies but they just can't stand up to the ML's for HT(this is IMHO). A friend of mine has a Audio Research tube amp and he brought it over to hook it up to the ML Aeons one night. This amp is only about 45wpc but that is "tube watts" and it sounded absoultely beautiful!! It powered them very well, we even hooked it up to the Odyssey's and it powered them fine. It doesn't take as much power as many claim to run ML's.
    I have seen some people say that ML's don't do HT too well, I disagree. A demo in my HT would change just about anyones mind rather quickly. I wouldn't have anything else. As for amp's, you can find Sunfire amps used on ebay or audiogon for very good prices and they mate with ML very well. And they have plenty of power to spare, plenty. Well just wanted to throw this info at ya, hope you enjoy your new speakers.
    Sincerely,
    John