Martin Logan Subwoofer.... Huh...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Herb Kane, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Herb Kane

Herb Kane Screenwriter

Well, I guess it's official. I received two emails from ML today confirming they are releasing a new subwoofer in September or October. They are calling it their "Descent". Stating the price would be in the $2500 area. Obviously they would not release any specs or a picture but said, it is going to be outstanding.
    Since I am "considering" an upgrade from my present M&K, if anyone has any info on this, I would be interested.
    Thanks.
    Herb.
    ------------------
    System - Lexicon MC-1, Bryston 9B ST & 4B ST, Pioneer Elite DVD DV-05, Martin Logan (Ascents, Aerius i's, Scripts & Cinema), M&K 75 sub, Richard Grays 1200S, Sharp XV-Z1 projector & Da-Lite Cosmo screen.

2. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

Herb, I had read previously that it would be a pentagram in shape with 3 10" drivers...
    You have to think that this would be a good 4K cdn... I think that I would rather have a pair of SVS Ultras or wait for the SS...
    Miles
    ps. How did you get ML to email you??? did you solicit the info or was it freely given [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Miles_W on July 12, 2001 at 03:54 PM]

3. Herb Kane

Herb Kane Screenwriter

Hi Miles... hope all is well...? Are you enjoying that new DVD player...?
    I read two separate reviews recently whereby the reviewers hinted of a pending release. So, I did some digging and found two separate email addresses for ML members - both responded, confirming my question, albeit with very limited information.
    Don't worry, the SVS Ultras are in the running (along with a couple of others). I just wish I could hear them!!!
    Herb.
    ------------------
    System - Lexicon MC-1, Bryston 9B ST & 4B ST, Pioneer Elite DVD DV-05, Martin Logan (Ascents, Aerius i's, Scripts & Cinema), M&K 75 sub, Richard Grays 1200S, Sharp XV-Z1 projector & Da-Lite Cosmo screen.

4. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

Herb, I might be able to arrange a listening session to a pair of SVS 16-46's another friend on the board here has a pair... I'll ask him... I know he probably would be interested in hearing the Lexicon and brystons doing logic 7!
    The panny is quite nice! funny thing is I have another friends DV-05 here also to see if It still had the drop out issue... (unfortunately it did!)
    Miles
    [Edited last by Miles_W on July 12, 2001 at 04:46 PM]