1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Martin Logan Subwoofer.... Huh...?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Herb Kane, Jul 12, 2001.

1. Herb Kane

Herb Kane Screenwriter

Well, I guess it's official. I received two emails from ML today confirming they are releasing a new subwoofer in September or October. They are calling it their "Descent". Stating the price would be in the $2500 area. Obviously they would not release any specs or a picture but said, it is going to be outstanding.
    Since I am "considering" an upgrade from my present M&K, if anyone has any info on this, I would be interested.
    Thanks.
    Herb.
    ------------------
    System - Lexicon MC-1, Bryston 9B ST & 4B ST, Pioneer Elite DVD DV-05, Martin Logan (Ascents, Aerius i's, Scripts & Cinema), M&K 75 sub, Richard Grays 1200S, Sharp XV-Z1 projector & Da-Lite Cosmo screen.

2. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

Herb, I had read previously that it would be a pentagram in shape with 3 10" drivers...
    You have to think that this would be a good 4K cdn... I think that I would rather have a pair of SVS Ultras or wait for the SS...
    Miles
    ps. How did you get ML to email you??? did you solicit the info or was it freely given [​IMG]
    [Edited last by Miles_W on July 12, 2001 at 03:54 PM]

3. Herb Kane

Herb Kane Screenwriter

Hi Miles... hope all is well...? Are you enjoying that new DVD player...?
    I read two separate reviews recently whereby the reviewers hinted of a pending release. So, I did some digging and found two separate email addresses for ML members - both responded, confirming my question, albeit with very limited information.
    Don't worry, the SVS Ultras are in the running (along with a couple of others). I just wish I could hear them!!!
    Herb.
    ------------------
    System - Lexicon MC-1, Bryston 9B ST & 4B ST, Pioneer Elite DVD DV-05, Martin Logan (Ascents, Aerius i's, Scripts & Cinema), M&K 75 sub, Richard Grays 1200S, Sharp XV-Z1 projector & Da-Lite Cosmo screen.

4. Miles_W

Miles_W Second Unit

Herb, I might be able to arrange a listening session to a pair of SVS 16-46's another friend on the board here has a pair... I'll ask him... I know he probably would be interested in hearing the Lexicon and brystons doing logic 7!
    The panny is quite nice! funny thing is I have another friends DV-05 here also to see if It still had the drop out issue... (unfortunately it did!)
    Miles
    [Edited last by Miles_W on July 12, 2001 at 04:46 PM]