What's new

Martin Logan Clarity anyone? (1 Viewer)

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Has anyone heard these? I auditioned them twice in the last 2 weeks, just want to get some additional opinions on them.

Miles_W

Second Unit
Drew,

The Clarity was the first model with the Super Tweety, to fill out the upper ranges, If you have the space and the inclination, audio excellence has a lightly used pair of Requests for sale (they are up at Richmond hill) a much better pair of speakers in nearly every way, prbably a bit cheaper than new Clarities also...

also you may want to ask over at www.martinloganowners.com

good luck

Miles
( a Happy Logan owner since 95 )

Drew_W

Screenwriter
I'm looking at paying around $2500CAD for slightly used Clarities. I've checked Martin Logan Owners, not much info there really, and not too many reviews out either.

I wonder how the panels will work with the NAC driver off. I haven't been inclined to shove something narrow down into that hole to turn it off at my local dealer. Soundstaging is excellent, but of course, here I go second guessing myself as to whether this is the direction I should take. For the same price, I can get a new pair of Magnepan 1.6QRs, and they can be had used for around $1800CAD.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Oh, and I've been to Audio Excellence many times, and I saw the Requests, just didn't give them much thought. Thinking again...gah!

Miles_W

Second Unit
Drew,

they are a much bigger panel, far more satisfying sound, and provided that you have adequate amplification, much better bottom end... I'm not sure of the price, they where there last time I checked... as for the 1.6Qrs, I have listened but (not trying to troll or bash) imho they were very accurate but kind of uninvovling for me...

how big is your room?

Miles

Miles_W

Second Unit
Thats an okay size, a couple of people are running CLSIIz (nothing but panel) in 12'x12' rooms, secret is to treat the rear wall for reflections... what kind of amplification?

Miles_W

Second Unit
Shouldn't be a problem... you should take the amp up there and try it... just call them in advance and ask them if they can be set up... I think you would like the results a much "fuller" sound than the Clarity's

Miles_W

Second Unit
Shouldn't be a problem... you should take the amp up there and try it... just call them in advance and ask them if they can be set up... I think you would like the results a much "fuller" sound than the Clarity's

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks