What's new

Martin and Lewis "MONE FROM HOME" DVD (1 Viewer)

howardWB

Grip
Martin and Lewis' "MONEY FROM HOME" was released by Legend Films on 7/1/08. Last week I saw it listed on Target's website, Wal-Mart, Amazon (today it's out of stock) and Best Buy -- yet I can't find it in any retail stores yet (Best Buy, Target, Wal-Mart). I also checked the Virgin Mega Store in Times Sq, NY but they aren't carrying it. Has anyone been able to find it in any retail stores? I don't buy online so it's important I can find this in retail DVD store.

Thanking in advance!

Regards,
Howard
aka "Beatle Bob"
:)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
must have fixed it, say 7-01 now.
although when in the crt it still lists it as a preor
der

so i guess this has not been on home video/dvd before.
guess i'll order it.

Corey3rd

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe Corey
This is so confusing that after they put out the two Dean and Jerry boxsets that they sneak out a single title via Legend.

Charles H

Screenwriter
Any word on another wave of Paramount/Legend releases? I'd like them to explore their untapped noir films (APPOINTMENT WITH DANGER, UNION STATION, DARK CITY, NO MAN OF HER OWN, HELL'S ISLAND, THE LAWLESS, THE FILE OF THELMA JORDAN, THE TURNING POINT).

FrancisP

Screenwriter
The funny thing is that DD had it listed as being available 7/10. Yet aparently Amazon had it before that. I have never seen anything as screwed up as this.

howardWB

Grip
I found it today at Barnes And Nobles at 46th and 5th Ave in NYC! Previewed it on my computer here at work. Color is excellent but image slighly soft and grainy and not quite as good as the Martin and Lewis box sets by Paramount-- but I'll take it--it's Martin and Lewis! :)

Regards,
Howard
aka "Beatle Bob"
:)

Randy Korstick

Senior HTF Member

If color is excellent then thats good news because this always has washed out color in TV prints so I was most concerned with the color.

Bob Furmanek

Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bob
MONEY FROM HOME was one of only two features photographed with the Technicolor 3-D camera rig. (The other was FLIGHT TO TANGIER.) That meant there were 6 rolls going through the cameras for each take: Yellow, cyan, magenta left and YCM right. Imagine the raw stock bill on that production!

MFH was also released with 35mm magnetic full-coat stereophonic sound: Left, center and right channels placed behind the screen. Unfortunately those tracks are long gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leif_sauce
Recent bookmarks