What's new

Martha's Trouble SA-CD is back in stock at CD Baby (1 Viewer)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Matha's Trouble is nice little kuntry band sans a drum set, just an occasional bongo or tamborine... First off, there is no Martha.
Jen Slocumb plays the part of "Martha" with her little voice that sounds something along the lines Of Alison Krauss' but not quite as smooth. The three players, play guitars, banjos, mandolins, acoustic bass, and some other instruments that I'm not clear about.

Their Album STILL is, "Recorded live, straight to DSD two-track. No overdub and no reverb." It's a direct to disc recording, as they were once called in the phono age, sort'a?

Most of the album would appear to be original songs, there are no writing credits given unless they're written in invisable ink. WAITING is a relly nice, apparently, original song that has hit type qualities IMO. AM I ALRIGHT is another song that stands out to me. They have atleast 3 covers as far as I can tell. OH CANADA is one. The Police's EVERY BREATH YOU TAKE is intresting played only with acoustic guitar and some kind of bongo drum type thingy. MEET THE FLINTSTONES with banjo as the main instrument is intresting. In between the verses they almost break out into a hoot-nanny sound. I bet they have some fun with this one at live shows?

Check out their album at www.cdbaby.com

It's been out-of-stock for atleast 6 months but it's back and I'm sure enjoying my recently aqquired copy....

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
That's anterestin' Phil! I already have the Claire Martin disc and a different Barb Jungur disc. This is certainly the best price I've ever seen on their discs!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks