marrying the Onkyo 787 to the H/K 320 via onkyo's 7.1 inputs

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Billy Posey, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

I currently Own the Onkyo 787 thx-ex receiver and I am very happy with it. However, I am interested in prologic II and DTS-ES discrete. So, I have about buying the H/K 320 and connecting the pre-outs to the 787 7.1 inputs and when ever I want to use prologic II or DTS Discrete I would just select the mutli-chanel inputs on the onkyo. What do you guys think

2. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

hey, guys, what do you think about this?

3. JerryW

JerryW Supporting Actor

Sounds fine. A little pricey just to get DTS-ES discreet and DPL2, but overall it sounds ok.

Why don't you sell the 787 and buy a 797? Would probably cost you less than the HK.

4. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

I just got it about a month ago, i could not pass up on the deal. It was a floor model and I got it for about 550.00 including a five year extended warranty. So I figured that when more DTS-discrete dvd's increased and some time passes, I will begin to look for a used H/K 320 since it does dts discrete but not thx-ex and I won't need dd ex.

5. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

Billy,
    Onkyo 787 (550) + HK avr320 (~ 500) = Onkyo 898 (1050) [​IMG]

6. Billy Posey

Billy Posey Second Unit

I know, I know, I Know. I am thinking about while from now like late this year or early next. besides I am not sure If I can take the onkyo back, plus I looking to buy some other equipment in the next few months. I am also in the middle of converting my basement into a dedicated theater.

7. Ricky T

Ricky T Supporting Actor

sell the Onkyo here (or ebay it)....if that 5 year warranty is national and transferable, you should have no problem....