What's new

Married with Children: Season 4 - 08/30 (1 Viewer)

Antonio_G

Stunt Coordinator
I need to catch up if I want to make it to this one because I just have the season 1 and I have a long way to go...

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member
Glad to hear this is coming out at all, I was kind of worried given the termoil surrounding season 3. But, as with season 3 I'll of course buy this and all future seasons.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Ditto to that! I was also concerned about whether we'd see a fourth season or not. This is indeed excellent news! Can't wait to get this.....and hopefully the rest of the series as well.

Duane Alford

Second Unit
I had no doubt it would be released, just a matter of when. When you consider that there's been only 3 releases in 3 years, I was starting to worry that it could take 11 years to finish this one. I hope they eventually release all the Specials in addition to the regular seasons.

Christopher_H

Stunt Coordinator
Anyone know if the theme song will be back for this set? I'll still buy it anyway, but it would be great if it was complete.

Ryan Peddle

Second Unit
I've gotten used to the new theme song...or better put, skipping past it. But I agree, the theme song is the main thing to fix.

Garuanteed purchase for me though as i have the first three and love them.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
The changed theme song doesn't bother me in the least anymore. That's where that little fast-forward button comes in handy. lol That's normal practice for me though anyway with ANY TV-DVD set. After seeing the intro the first couple of times, I skip past it. Hopefully Sony will continue to pick up the pace with future seasons. It would be great to see season 5 available by Christmas......but perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part.

Robert Cruz

Stunt Coordinator
Since it mentions that "It's a Bundyful Life" is 2 parts on the DVD, I wonder if everything will be in tact in the episodes. The interesting thing about the 2 part version is that a few scenes were removed/cut short from the original 1 hour version, but a couple of scenes were also added, which weren't seen in the 1 hour version.

The original 1 hour version was released on VHS in the mid 90s, so that is a plus side. I do have the 2 part version though, and part 2 is probably the longest Married...With Children episode ever; lasting a whomping 25:30 (without commercials, and with the original Columbia logo at the end). Part 1 lasts 22:57.

John*P

Second Unit
The cover art for Married...with Children: Season 4 is perhaps the funniest I have ever seen for a TV-DVD. :D

John*P

Second Unit
I don't believe this... You would think that with an altered theme song, they would try their damnedest to make sure that the episodes themselves remain uncut. (lengthwise, at least) TV on DVD is going to Hell in a handbasket. (in regards to many of my favorite shows, anyway)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
That's it! I'm just not going to buy any more of these damn Sony DVDs. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

I am seriously considering organizing a boycott of this company.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Oh, for f*&ks sake. I just cancelled Roseanne a couple of days ago. It this keeps going on I won't have any preorders left. Jeez.

Chris

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Why would they all of a sudden go to edited episodes after three sets of unedited episodes? Doesn't make sense...

:angry: :thumbsdown:

WillG

Senior HTF Member
According to the review, the edits affect 7 episodes, so it's not like the whole set is comprised of syndicated episodes. I'm not defending Sony for this, but I'm probably going to just suck it up. It will be a tough decision come release day and I don't want to support this type of thing, but M.W.C. (especially in the early seasons) is essential to me.

Since only seven are syndicated versions, could there actually be a reasonable explanation? Maybe the originals were missing or unusable for some reason. Unfortuately, Sony will never provide an explanation.

Is it just me, or is it starting to seem like these T.V. releases are coming out bad like this more often than good?

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

I used to believe, and hope and speculate that this wasn't the case. I used to think that a majority were good, but the bad ones got more attention. Now, I'm not so sure of that anymore.

I do find it odd that they used 7 sindicated versions, including 1 half of a 2 part episode, but not the other.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks