What's new

Married....With Children Season 1 in October?!?!? (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Guys, all you're doing here is making Columbia regret passing this news on to us. They'll be thinking about the lost sales of the best-of discs now.
Well, since I didn't buy the Best of discs all those weeks ago, it's not really a lost sale due to this quasi-announcement. It was a lost sale due to it being Best-of discs. And I haven't been close to being tempted since, believe me. On the contrary.

Chris

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
>>Like a few others here, I was getting close to caving on the Best of discs. My brother is a much more casual collector of DVDs, but Mw/C is definitely something even he'll race to the store to buy.>>

Agreed on almost caving in to the Best Off discs, at least the first one considering how shoddilly the second one seems to of been produced. But thankfully tvshowsondvd.com saved me from making such a purchase :).

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Where a buck's enough to see their stuff, at the nudie bar.
Where the breasts may be fake but man do they shake, at the nudie bar.
Where you swear like a sailor, and wish you could nail her, at the nudie bar.
Where the cops are at the door, and there's a Kennedy on the floor, at the nudie bar

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Guys, all you're doing here is making Columbia regret passing this news on to us. They'll be thinking about the lost sales of the best-of discs now.
David, I hope Columbia sees this thread and realizes not the loss of sales for best-of disc but rather that best-of disc DO NOT SELL.

Keith_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Kyle
yes, but when Columbia sees the amount of people posting praise in this thread for a season 1 set it won't matter will it?!

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Dave, in celebration, how about 7 days of your Bundy sig with a little "Coming October 2003" sign :)

Chuck West

Stunt Coordinator
If they would have done the discs right the first time, they wouldn't have to worry about lost sales of an inferior product.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
I AM SO EXCITED!!! I almost can't believe it. Plus, this is just in time for my birthday on Oct. 21st. Season sets of Married With Children AT LAST!!!! YES!!!

Who's that riding into the sun?
Who's the man with the itchy gun?
Who's the man who kills for fun?!!
Psycho Dad. Psycho Dad. Psycho Dad!
He sleeps with a gun, but he loves his son.
Killed his wife 'cause she weighed a ton... Psycho Dad!

BUNDY! BUNDY! BUNDY! BUNDY!!!

Chet_F

Supporting Actor
Where the beer gives ya gas and the Bundy's KICK ASS!!
...At the nudie bar!!

HAPPY HAPPY DAYS TO COME!!

I sincerely hope Columbia and every other studio sees this thread and the error of their ways. WE WANT SEASON SETS!! I do not know anyone that likes or wants "Best of's". They may work for the music business but sitcoms?? Well enough said.

They only time I have ever bought "Best of's" was for the new Outer Limits. That, to me, was a totally different scenario. In the Outer Limits you have a complete seperate 1 hour show that has absolutley nothing to do with the other 1 hour episodes(there are a couple of exceptions). With the Bundy's they are written as a complete 1/2 hr episode but the characters and their day to day lives are intertwined. Who wants to watch Bud on one episode when he's 11 and then quick jump to another episode where he's 16. I think that's beyond dumb.

I for one have been waiting for this release since "Season sets" even became available for any show. I can't imagine why they haven't done it until now. I came very close to just giving my money to one of those ebayers(You know what I mean).

Maybe the studios will get a clue(but I'll bet they won't).

Just my 2 cents.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
Where Christmas is nice, and lap dances are half price, at the nudie bar.
Where you drink down the shooters, and unwrap the hooters, at the nudie bar.
Where eggnogs are plenty, and the girls all twenty, at the nudie bar...

Where the music stinks, and they water the drinks, the nudie bar.
Where the girlies dance in their underpants, the nudie bar.
Where you see their butt, and their trap stays shut, at the nudie bar.

Where you can't touch a breast, but you can cave in a chest, at the nudie bar.
Where you look at a thigh, and blacken an eye, at the nudie bar.
Where the beer gives you gas, but the Bundys kick ass, at the nudie bar.

Joe6pack99

Second Unit
Real Name
Jarett
A little touched or so we're told.
Killed his wife 'cause she had a cold.
Might as well, she was gettin' old.
Psy-cho Dad, Psycho Dad, Psycho Dad.
He's quick with a gun, and his job ain't done.
Killed his wife by twenty-one, he's Psy-cho Dad!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
For newer members (like Tony), and for those who may not remember:

I lurked at HTF for a long time, and then finally signed up in August 2001 and "found my voice", so to speak. At the time one of the stats on the left of every post, under your name, was a post counter. A few months later, during one discussion of post counts, someone had stated how many posts Patrick Sun had (an amazing number), and someone else (I forget who) replied that there was a new up-and-coming on the board, name of David Lambert. :eek:

For the first time I realized that people noticed me, and what I was saying. I won't claim that all of it was good - I almost got kicked of the board a few times - but along the way I realized how little TV-on-DVD there was. This was before Gord Lacey had gotten the idea for TVShowsOnDVD, and recruited me to help beta-test the site and...well, you know the rest.

So, recognizing that people read my posts, I decided to start my own "campaign" for things I wanted on DVD. Others had sigs asking for classic films, or Star Wars, or whatever. I made the above sig, asking for TV shows on DVD. People liked Al Bundy, the WKRP crew, The Tick, and Battlestar Galactica below my posts (noone noticed the tiny pic of The Hulk, or at least never talked about it).

Epilogue: A while after (several months), I started doing the Weekly Roundups. I replaced the TV-DVD sig with the first version of my current sig, including my own picture. Noone noticed at first...nobody could tell the difference between me and Al Bundy! :laugh:

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
Hi again David, interesting info there . I just wanted to add that before i signed up here, i also was browsing around here for about a year before i signed up. How about making a sig with the whole bundy clan ?:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks