What's new

Married....With Children Season 1 in October?!?!? (1 Viewer)

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
We're happy to pass on the news that season sets of "Married... with Children" are coming. Just a few minutes ago we got off the phone with someone at Columbia TriStar who confirmed that the studio is working on the first season set, with an expected release in early October. Please note that this timeframe is not solid and may change.
Thank you David! :D In your honor I shall dance around naked!

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I have one word for Columbia: FINALLY!

Now how about that NewsRadio set that's supposedly on the way because of its results in the survey?

Xenia Stathakopoulou

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Xenia
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY ! Finally columbia has come to their senses. What a good day this has been, first ive seen the hulk movie at theatres , then i get on here and see this.Now if only we could get the specs for the saved by the bell dvd and pricing , this would be the best day ever.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Oh my God, I can't believe I almost caved and bought the Best of DVDs a few weeks ago. Boy, am I glad that I didn't!

Chris

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
Let's hope they include the original pilot that had different actors playing Bud and Kelly. Doubt it, but you never know.

Bill>Moore

Second Unit
YESSS!!!!!!!!!!

Like a few others here, I was getting close to caving on the Best of discs. My brother is a much more casual collector of DVDs, but Mw/C is definitely something even he'll race to the store to buy.

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Like a few others here, I was getting close to caving on the Best of discs.
Guys, all you're doing here is making Columbia regret passing this news on to us. They'll be thinking about the lost sales of the best-of discs now.

Scott: Newsradio will probably be the last of the releases that result from the recent poll. Sorry, them's the breaks.

And, to the best of my knowledge, Jeffrey is right and Jeff *could* be right, but I frankly don't know (do you know something I don't know? :) ). Carsey-Werner owns all that stuff that Jeffrey mentioned, including Roseanne, and holds the distribution rights as well. No TV show from Carsey-Werner has been released to DVD yet, except for the upcoming A&E release of Profiler (which had a different kind of ownership than the others; CW merely aided in the distribution, but NBC produced it). But it is possible Carsey-Werner has struck a new deal with Paramount for getting DVDs of the other shows out. We'll have to wait and see. Considering last night's excellent retrospective of The Cosby Show that aired, maybe it (like Married...With Children and Designing Women having retrospectives aired shortly before DVD releases came along) is ready to burst out of the Columbia House bubble and hit the mainstream. If Cosby did, Roseanne and many of these others would surely follow.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks