What's new

Married With Children S5? Any hope? (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I just picked up season 4 of "Married...With Children" last week. As I watched it, I couldn't help but wonder what the likelihood is that we'll see a season 5 release. I mean, the show's been on a downward spiral on DVD since the third season and the replaced theme song. I know it was out of Sony's control due to licencing issues, but I'm thinking in terms of the general consumer. Perhaps people bought S3, not knowing what the replaced theme sounded like. And perhaps those same people passed up on S4 for that same reason. It's only speculation of course, but yet I can't help but wonder. Another thorn in the side would be the 7 syndicated episodes on the season 4 set, including the (dare I say it) butchered 2nd part of "It's A Bundyful Life".

I guess I'm just wondering if sales are still going strong for this show. Above all else, this is the one show I'd like to see make its way to completion. As a teenager, I had dozens of VHS tapes filled with episodes of this show, and while I watch these DVDs, I've realized that it's just as funny as ever. I just hope we'll have an announcement soon regarding the 5th season. Although I can't stand syndicated cuts, I've been able to tolerate the replaced theme. Hell, I skip past it anyway. I just hope fans of the show haven't turned away as a result of the aforementioned changes/flaws.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I'm sure we'll see season 5, remember there is no such thing as rhyme and reason when it comes to Sony's release, except for Seinfeld. I'm sure we'll see it this summer

David Rain

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dave
Married With Children has a huge following among young males and they are a HUGE chuck of DVD sales. Many of them probably do not know or even care that that last couple of sets have contained changes. I'm disappointed about the changes, myself but I think they are doing the best they can considering the theme song issue. I'd rather have the theme replaced than paying a huge amount per release in order to accomidate it.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
I also think that Married has a huge following and will continue to come our way.

The DVDs may be disappointing, but I know several people who have become fans of the show because of the DVDs. I think we will continue to see them for a while.

Dan*T

Supporting Actor
I have to say, in many cases, music substitution really bothers me, but in this case, I really couldn't care. It's just the theme song, the show is still great, and I hope sales have not slipped just because of the theme song.
I will purchase any/all of the seasons they release. I also think that they are siply taking their time with this one!!

WillG

Senior HTF Member

It wouldn't have bothered me either. But it does bother me that the theme song substitution somehow made it necessary to use syndication versions of some episodes. And on a side note, they screwed up big time in not releasing "It's a Bundyful Life" in it's original one hour format, the episode was butchered because of that.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Which is crap of course. The German R2 has the new theme song as well, yet the episodes are uncut (and completely in English).

CHris

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
i didn't realize the show lasted so long. I know that f/x mostly playes "newer" episodes, where the audience cheers everytime a bundy comes into the room.

MattHR

Screenwriter
Hell, the audience went nuts whenever anyone entered the room.

That's why I never liked the later seasons of Happy Days. The damn studio audience cheered, clapped and screamed so loudly, and for so long, everytime a cast member walked onto the set -- especially for Henry Winkler and Scott Baio. If you were to edit out all the hysteria, the show would have a net running time of about 10 minutes. It was so awkward and distracting, since the actors had to wait until the crowd calmed down to deliver their lines.

I'm sure the audience was instructed (paid?) to go nuts. I just don't see real people screaming for Erin Moran or Donny Most. But...Pat Morita and Al Molinaro I can understand.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks