What's new

Married with Children" Complete 2nd Season - 3/16/04!! (1 Viewer)

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
For once, the amount of episodes per disc should not be a problem. I'm surprised Columbia isn't trying to cram everything onto 2 discs (the amount of easter eggs probably saved us there). :)
Anyway, the discs will most likely contain 8/8/6 episodes. That comes to approx. 3 hours on the first 2 discs, which is identical to many other TV on DVD releases (Buffy/Angel/24 etc), and those look fine.
So, whatever problems these episodes will have in the PQ department (and I imagine there's still quite a few of them) will most likely come from the source material.

Chris

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
The quality will be fine. It comes to about 7 20-something-minute episodes on a disc.

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
Honestly, even 11 per disc would be pushing it but not completely.

If each episode is 22 minutes, it's just barely 4 hours on one disc. 7 per disc is pretty low.

PaulP

Senior HTF Member
Well the first season set had them evenly spread out so I don't see why there will be any drastic differences between discs like 11 and 3 episodes. And there is no documentary this time, just a bunch of random clips throughout.

In any case, I'm very excited about this. The first season was released in October, this will be March. That's about 5 months, which is pretty good. I'm guessing then we can expect the third season sometime in August (hey I can count! :D ).

:emoji_thumbsup: Columbia!

DustinLC

Supporting Actor
I wish they would hurry up and get to the latter seasons. Those the ones I like best. I mean come on, in the first season, the kids get food, Al has sex with Peg, Peg has a car, ..... yuk! They actually love each other :D.

I have to check the episode guide to see if we get the real Bundy family in season two :D. The 1st season is just the twilight zone for me.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I'm very much looking forward to this set. "Poppy's by the Tree" is one of my most favorite episodes ever, taking place in good 'ole Dumpwater, Florida. :laugh: It's a two parter and it just aired on FX yesterday.

Justin Bauer

Supporting Actor
^^I watched it yesterday as well, good episodes. I am watching Married now on FX as I type this. I love this, 4 Episodes in a row.

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
I'm anxiously awaiting Tuesday. :)

Some quotes from "Poppy's by the Tree."

Al: "We're poor so we're going to Dumpwater. But remember that it's a day off of work for me, a day off of school for you kids, and Peg, everyday is a vacation for you, so why am I talking to you."

Peg: "I love you, Al."
Al: "Who cares? We're gonna die."

Al: (mocking Bud, Kelly, and Peg) "'Why didn't we go to Hawaii?' 'Why did we come here?' 'Why did we have to take the Dodge?' Standing here with my loving family, tell me, why am I running from the axe."

Al: "Yeah, envy me. That's my wife. Those are my kids and I sell womens' shoes. Why am I worried about a killer? I was dead before I got here."

Al: "Well, there's a killer on the loose and the sheriff couldn't catch an M&M in his mouth. We're dead."

"Married...with Children" (The Complete Second Season)
Buy it. Know it. Love it.

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
IMHO, the first 5 seasons of Married.... were the best TV sitcom EVER!

Season 6 was just ok, but I gave up the show after that :frowning:

Season3 and 4 were my favorites -cant wait to see The Library and Barber episodes in Season 3:D
"Your a horrible little boy, you wont amount to a hill of beans. And I wish that on you Bundy, to be the failure you deserve to be" :laugh:

So glad I can get rid of my old crappy VHS copies.

Chuck L

Screenwriter
I found it last night bought and picked it up at a general retailer with a letter as it's main name.

I have to say that I am happy with the collection. They still look better than what I have ever seen them on television. So...on to season 3 three now....

(Waiting on my Angels...that is my TV show on DVD of the spring!!!!!)

Scott Temple

Supporting Actor
Does anyone know why the list price for MWC S2 is $10 higher than most other Columbia/TriStar season sets? The list price for MWC S2 is $39.95 while the list price for MWC S1 (as well as "Sanford and Son" Seasons 1-4 and "All in the Family" Season 2) is $29.95. Why the extra $10? Still, with a $39.95 list price, I should be able to pick this up at Target for about $30, $25 if I'm really lucky.

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well this one has more episodes than the 1st season so I am willing to pay an extra $10 especially if it is $10 more than the super low $19.95 I paid for season one a Wal-Mart. Did I mention that is $19.95 CANADIAN? That's right baby, bring on season 2!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation615
Recent bookmarks