What's new

marketing project help (1 Viewer)

Hey everyone. I am in a marketing class right now where I have to do a project on a product. I chose paradigm speakers cause I am pretty familiar with them, along with some of their competition.
I am working on making a "perceptual map" of speakers. This is basically a graph of a speakers price versus it's quality. I thought it would be cool to get an actual customer opinion for the project.
So here is what I have so far. I would like to know where you feel each speaker brand should lie on the graph. You can either respond on the post or email me. Also, I left a lot of brands off, so feel free to add brands and tell me where they should go.

This could also be useful for potential buyers.
Thanks for the help

Chris Quinn

Screenwriter
I don't think you will get a lot of help as everyone will rate the speakers they own as high quality for the price and blast speakers they don't like. Sound preference is subjective to the individual.

Then there are variations within a speaker company's lines. Such as Polk, do you rate them by the LSi series or the mass market crap at Circuit City? Paradigm is another example. Atoms and Titans at ~$200 have very little competition. Get up to Studio 100s at $2K and there is tons of competition.

I'd move Athena across the axis on to the higher quality side if you mean sound quality.

Another issue is this board is a skewed demographic. There are a lot of audio geeks that spend way to much time on this stuff on this board that are extremely well educated to the market place.

chris_bester

Agent
I own Paradigm myself Atom, Titan & cc-170 I find them very good sell @ best buy, circit city etc but thats just my opnion.

After some thought and the replies that I got, I decided to take another aproach to the project, so I don't really need this anymore. I decided I should apply more of my time to my actuall engineering classes. Thanks for the help though
-Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks