Markertek cables: two thumbs up!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John Sully, Mar 30, 2002.

1. John Sully

John Sully Stunt Coordinator

I recently ordered a couple of cables from Markertek. The purpose of these extra long cables was to allow me to hook up the audio and video out from my PC (located in the "server room") to my HT system. I was quite pleased when I examined the cables up opening the package. The cables were made with Canare coax and connectors and the price was quite reasonable: 42.85 for a 50' cable. Performance is excellent with no noise or RFI/EMI noticable even when no audio signal is present. I'm happy, and now I can listen to my favorite internet radio stations w/o spending $300 for an Audiotron.
    Markertek also sells standard audio interconnects made with the same materials for very reasonable prices ($26 for a 1 meter pair). They ain't pretty, but the price is right.

2. Steve Young

Steve Young Stunt Coordinator

Steve Young
    John, I made my 15' component cables with Canare cables and connectors I purchased from Markertek for about 1/4 of what it would have cost to buy them.

Steve

3. John Sully

John Sully Stunt Coordinator

Yep, but the tools cost is around $180. Believe me, I'm strongly considering getting 'em because I would like to make custom length cables to help clean up the mess in the back of my rack.

4. Tim Kilbride

Tim Kilbride Stunt Coordinator

I am in the AV industry...and I purchase all of my cabling for my company through Markertek. Excellent quality, price is fair, and they work great. We could make them ourselves, but when you buy 50 pieces at a time, it's worth the few extra bucks to have them make them. Besides, if they give us any problems, we just send them back for replacements...
    My .02
    Tim Kilbride
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]